+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fell for female friend

Fell for female friend

Hey all typical problem here I fell in love with a good female friend of mine who im in college with who had a boyfriend. We were really close as friends and I had secretly hoped we would be together in some way. Anyway things came to a head the other night when she said I know your hoping to be with me and she shot me down in a very blunt way. Thats all very well she cant help how she feels and I cant help how I feel but the thing is I dont want to be friends with her after this its to painful after being hurt like that. I only have to see her at my college graduation and thats that she wants to be friends after college aswell how do I handle this in a mature way and tell her I will find it tough being friends.

It's great that you realize that you don't want to be her friend anymore. Some guys will endure months or even years of unnecessary pain trying to "stay friends with" their hopeless crush girl. You're better off cutting contact now. Maybe you will run into her again some day and you will be able to be friends then, but right now you just need to move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Hey thanks for the reply no way do I want to be friends but what is worrying me is having to see her at the graduation I sent her a message telling her I was hurt by the situation and how she handled it so Im dreading having to see her again

Should I contact her before the graduation saying can we just be civil for this event? I havent heard from her since sending her that message

Unless you are at a small college, it shouldn't matter. There were nearly 1,000 kids in my graduating class from high school, so it was hard enough locating the people I wanted to see in the crowd. I didn't even bother going to my college graduation. I graduated in December but the ceremony was in May, and I already had a full-time job. And besides, there were going to be several thousand people graduating, so it was going to be pretty impersonal.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Im a mature student we have a seperate smaller graduation of about 25 people ill definaly see her.