+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i stick around? Not sure..

Should i stick around? Not sure..

So i have been chatting and friendly with a guy for a good few months now. We have been friends for a good 2 years but since i broke up with my partner he has been texting me and asking me to hang out and stuff. Even when i was with my ex, we would flirt like crazy and i would crush on him so bad.. But knew i couldnt do anything about it so just ignored it.
    Last year when i first broke up with my ex, me and this 'friend' ended up drinking together and we slept together.. Was a huge mistake that i felt embarrassed about..But we kind of just forgot about it..I got back with my ex a few weeks after it happened and then this year when i became single he got in touch again.

At first i was sure he liked me, he was always asking me to hang out, meet him and his friends. But he never asked me to hang out alone with him.. I knew he didnt want to jump into anything and he knew i didnt either as getting out of a rough breakup.
    The few times we did meet we would always end up all over each other, but after our first time i didnt want to just jump into bed with him again like i did before. It made me feel like crap so i have avoided any sexual activity.. Partly just because im not ready to do so yet.
    Everytime we hang out this happens, we have a great night, we get along sooo well. And he always wants to have these long talks with me. Iv never met a man who wants to chat so much..lol He always pulls me aside and says he wants to talk then we end up just sitting and talking for hours. He acts totally into me when we are together but then the next day i wont hear from him. He hardly ever calls or texts.. Il get a random text from him now and then but thats about it. Then the weekend comes around and he will ask to hang out.

The last 2 times he has asked though i have been busy and iv kind of pulled away a little as i felt like he was just using me or trying to get me back into bed without any sort of relationship which im not down for..
    I dont know what to think with him! He confuses me as he seems like he really likes me, but then when i dont hear from him often i think he cant possibly like me as much as i thought he did.
    I am just getting on with things more now than i was in the beginning, not so hung up on him etc..

Im not sure whether to just give up on him now, or if i am just being clingy almost.. From expecting him to contact me more.. I dont know. I suck at this dating BS. lol

What do you guys think? I feel like hes playing around, i genuinely like this guy so id rather not play this silly game with him.
    Thanks in advance!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

I think he's just not ready to settle down. He is still looking but wants to keep you close to him as a back up. If I were you, I would try to act cold to him sometimes. When he comes to you play hard to get. Don't be always available when he asks for your presence. Make him feel curious about what you've been up to. When the time comes, if he's the right person, he will settle down for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    I think he's just not ready to settle down. He is still looking but wants to keep you close to him as a back up. If I were you, I would try to act cold to him sometimes. When he comes to you play hard to get. Don't be always available when he asks for your presence. Make him feel curious about what you've been up to. When the time comes, if he's the right person, he will settle down for you.
    Thanks! I think you're spot on. I have spoken to a mutual friend of ours and thats what he said too. That he really likes me and has always said that, but hes not ready for a relationship or any serious one for that matter. Doesnt bother me too much because i kind of knew this to begin with, i just thought maybe if he saw what we had, he might see us in a relationship. I guess he didnt.. blah. Shame.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!