+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Great Friend or Great Future?

Great Friend or Great Future?

Sooo...this could be long. Sorry!

There's this guy I've been friends with for a few years. We didn't hang out much at all; it was more of a hey-we're-in-the-same-class-and-have-the-same-group-of-friends kind of thing. Over this past summer we hung out a lot and started talking more. We hardly ever texted or Facebooked before; now we text about every other day asking questions or texting something we though funny. As for Facebook, over Christmas break he Facebooked me three times without any initiation from me. He doesn't do that with any other girl. He also commented somewhat regularly on either a status of mine or a picture. He kinda does that with other girls, but not really.

As for the flirting aspect, it's a lot harder to figure out because I feel like he's pretty much the same with all of his other friends that are females. He pokes, he tickles, he tugs, he hugs. He's a touchy person by nature (he kind of has the mindset of a 7-year-old when it comes to that, and a lot of other things). I notice him look at me sometimes, but it's not the glance-then-turn-away-as-soon-as-she-sees-you thing I hear guys are supposed to do when they like girls. I try to peek and see if he does that with others; I can't really tell. He always seems excited to see me, but again, he seems that way with other girls too. On occasion he seems to pick me right out of a crowd and either come up and hug or talk to me, or if he notices I look a little down he will aks me away from the group or text me soon after. Sometimes it seems like he notices little things ("hey, there's lint on your shirt; let me pick it off" or "you have an eyelash on your cheek; might want to wipe that off") but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. He almost always offers me a ride whenever I'm with him and he is going to his car. If he's dealing with something, he'll ask me my opinion. He always assumes that we're going to Bible Study together and that he is driving me. When I have my extreme sugar-high-then-deep-crash times, he's always the one who makes sure I am calmed and taken care of; he knows exactly what to do. We even had a 10-minute phone conversation about practically nothing, and he's not a huge phone talker. Still, he is pretty touchy with most other girls and he seems to be pretty perceptive and talkative when they want to talk to someone.

Like I said....really long. He's just a very tough case. Other girls I know agree--no one can tell what he's thinking or if he likes anyone. He did, but she lived in another state so we've never seen what he's like around a certain girl. What do you think??? Should I not ruin such a wonderful friendship, or is there a chance he feels anything?

Well, he hasn't definitely shown having special feelings for but that doesn't mean he isn't interested. Why not ask him on a proper date?