+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he REALLY into me?

Is he REALLY into me?

Hi. I recently started dating a guy who's 34 (I'm 24). We've been on 3 dates and things have been great. There's a lot of attraction and chemistry. He's paid on every date even though I've offered to sometimes. He's a gentleman- opening doors for me, letting me walk in front of him, etc. Unfortunately we met at a very busy time for me so I won't be able to see him until I'm done with my exams at school which is about a week from now. Now, this guy is extremely good looking, has a good career, and I'm sure has no problems attracting girls. He does sound picky and shallow at times, but I guess he can afford to be. At the end of our second date, he kissed me. Ever since then we've been kissing like a normal couple. I'm sure he's into me but I don't know up to what point (or of his intentions). We've made many plans so I know he's still interested in seeing me. He often touches my hand/arm/leg while talking and joking around. He has held my hand while driving. He has said he won't be able to wait too long until he sees me. So those things would make anyone think he's into me, right?
    Well, I'm second guessing everything because in the past, when a guy has been interested in dating me, he acts like the pursuer and will straight out tell me that he likes me and would like to pursue it. This guy hasn't. I'm thinking he's not a big texter because he does not do that often. He didn't tell me anything after our first date, he waited for me to let him know if I wanted to go out again. He hasn't straight out told me he likes me. So I don't know, maybe he's into me but not THAT much? Or he's the type to go with the flow? What do you think? I know I know, I should probably give it time, but I like this guy and I'm a little impatient :p. I want to know what his intentions are. I know nothing about his past relationships yet or what he's looking for right now, I think it might be a little soon to ask.

Hi,
    I think he likes you and enjoys spending with you. I guess you should wait and see how the relationship will turn out. You shouldn't be expecting anything special at this early stage. I'm not a pursuer as well and I hate texting and I hate girl texting too much (not every man is like that but I enjoy having space and not have news from my girlfriend for a day or two... and I'm not cheating her).
    Let things happen, don't rush.

Maybe he isn't sure if you are interested and wants to make it sure by letting you take the initiative. Or maybe, if he's such a hot shot, he doesn't pursue women because he doesn't have to. Just like hot women will never pursue guys.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm used to guys texting me and constantly telling me they're into me and want to see me soon, and this guy goes days without saying a word. And when he does it's just one or 2 texts. But I guess every guy is different and as long as his actions are telling me he's into me, I shouldn't worry. It's too soon to tell anyway.

Take him to bed and see what happens

I think at this point is really hard to tell. All signs point to yes, in him being interested. I think maybe your own self-doubt asnd insecurities are making you feel vulnerable. try not to think too much about it. Just go off of what he says, does, or how he touches you. Those are good indications to how someone feels.

Maybe he's trying to act like a player. My boyfriend did that in the beginning. Acted all cool, talked cool, and I thought, "Gee, he's definitely a player." Turns out he's quite the emotional guy.