+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religous mixing good or bad

Religous mixing good or bad

I am a 21 year old boy who was born Catholic but now im kinda Athiest ( i know its looked down upon but its my right to practice what i want)
    but recently i have met this beautiful Albanian girl who is also 21 (but she is older than me) but thing is she is Muslim
    now i have read that muslim girls arent allowed to marry outside their religion let aone albanian girls

i was just wondering if a muslim girl would even date/marry outside their religion

You could ask her.

I suppose it depends on how religuous she and her family are.

If you don't want to be looked down upon for your beliefs or lack thereof, move out of states

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    I suppose it depends on how religuous she and her family are.

If you don't want to be looked down upon for your beliefs or lack thereof, move out of states
    yesah i plan o doing that one of these days...lol

The right thing to do is ask her out formally. As we are passing the 21st century, some muslims are very liberal while others are not. Find out about her family background and if you are lucky you might end up together.

Im atheist and couldn't date someone outside my non-religion.

i am muslim but i wont personally date athiest, though christian or jewish girls i would love to date

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    i honestly don't see why it could be bad unless, you're planning on being VERY serious with her, meaning if you're going to get married or have children together. Then there would be disputes about what religion the kids would follow and such. My family is buddhist, i'm sort of on the agnostic side and my bf is very christian. I don't see this being a problem for us in the future. The point is you should both respect each other and you're different traditions.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

FoL is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    i don't think it matters, even if you do have kids! she would most likely want you to convert, but if you two aren't THAT religious, more toward her, then it doesn't matter. my mum and dad are into god but i am not at all, i don't believe in one because i believe i do things for a reason and not because god chose whatever, you know?

i'm not weak minded like the rest,
    we can lead the way brother.

You'd have more luck asking her than us.

I don't think mixing religions in general matters. I don't have a religion and I couldn't care less about them*, but my girlfriend was raised as a Catholic and we get along fine.

*But anyone else can practice whatever they want. Go right ahead, I don't mind.
    I am homosexual. A lesbian, actually. If you have a problem with that, then it sucks for you. It's not your problem. It's not even a problem. I quite like it this way.

B) Some Muslim girls I know do date out side of their religion.
    But when it comes to the families, usually that of the girl, issues will rise and some will object to even a relationship.

In my case I have no problem because I have a multi-religious background due to living with various family members and I don't follow any single one strongly although I'm more familiar with Christianity while also taking part in Buddhist practices in my village.
    But because many girls have assumed I'm purely a Muslim due to a majority of my surrounding family members (grandfather, aunts, nearby relatives etc...), there's always an issue and they tend to pull away.
    Sometimes even stating that I go rarely to church and mostly to the temple causes some confusion, and I get some negative responses from them.

The best thing to do is talk to the girl when given the chance - something I should have done many times but failed to - and then take it from there. Some will be alright, some may not be interested in anyone outside.

In my opinion it is trouble when both sides are of two different religions and sometimes unneeded or unexpected problems arise, but it doesn't matter if both girl and guy really care about each other and build on it together.
    -Any replies by me are purely my opinion and based on my experiences and inexperienced actions meaning some things I say are right and some are wrong. If it sounds like it, I am not giving a solution or answer to the problem. This is why I am not supposed to post on forums I read only from.

M.E.
    Kashan
    Rider Viper

My Sister Says: "You're moving on pretty fast."
    I say: "Would you prefer if I sit in a corner all day?"

Depends on how devout you are in your faith...
    <No advertising in signatures is allowed - the mods>

I think it's great! Why not get to know other opinions about religion and the world? It will expand your mind and challenge you in a way that other ways wouldn't.

I'm a Muslim girl and I'd say your chances with her are pretty slim. Generally speaing, it depends on how religious the girl is but Muslim girls don't usually date outside their religion and even if they do, their families will most probably oppose. Also, you being kinda an Athiest doesn't really help. Sorry....I'm not trying to be prejudice but if you were a strict Christian or Jew, there might be a chance (albeit very slim) but an Athiest? I don't think any Muslim family would approve (no matter how far from religion they are). I think you should talk to her.....see how she feels about this. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Im atheist and couldn't date someone outside my non-religion.
    I'm an atheist, and I married someone that isn't. I don't fault her her beliefs, and she doesn't try to insist that I believe them. It works fine for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast