+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Who stops us from being free and happy?

Who stops us from being free and happy?

We blame the government, we blame the weather, we blame our parents, we blame religion, we blame God. Who really stops us from being free and happy? NOBODY... We stop ourselves! ONLY YOU can make yourself happy, and there is nobody to blame but yourself!

Remember that you were once there, and when you were hurt, no words would have made sense to you, even the best advice if they were not what you wanted to hear. Take time, slower on some person and faster on some others.

right but it doesnt make me wrong...

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    How optimistic of you.

Sure, ultimately it's you who makes you happy, but the environment around you, whether it be political or otherwise, certainly can have an effect. I'm a bit of a pessimist. Here's what I always say - 'Optimists have hope, pessimists have clarity'.

thats my point though.. it shouldnt have an effect.. live in the moment and enjoy life, and you will be happy. Like you said ultimately it comes down to you.. so realizing that why prevent yourself from being happy?

It's all about choices!

And about how you choose to feel. There is nothing wrong with feeling unhappy as much as there is nothing wrong with feeling happy and up beat.

What people sometimes don't get though is that it is their choice to feel the way they do, no-one elses

So beating yourself up about something and blaiming everyone else for the way you are feeling is just not taking responsibility for the way you are choosing to feel, simple as that