+ Follow This Topic

Thread: LEAVE or STAY

LEAVE or STAY

How do I leave a controlling, narcissist man that I live with after two years when I have my two children involved?? I dont want to hurt my kids but he is drving me crazy!!! Always lying, making plans with me and then going away for weekends. He always puts himself first. He just leaves and does what he wants at the drop of a hat. But sometimes he is the most WONDERFUL man. That man only lasts for a few days and then he goes right back into his cycle. He talks to his ex wife sometimes 5 times day. He threatens to call my ex and tell him I have abandoned my kid when I go out with my friends(which has been 3 times in two years). Yet he can come and go as he pleases. He doesn't care about Easter so he left tonight for the weekend and I had no idea he was going anywhere. His bags were packed and him and his cousin jumped in the car and left.

My friends hate him, his friends aren't too fond of him. One guy is just waiting for us to break up so he can punch him in his face.
    Even his own family talks bad about him to me. He has the potential to be a great guy, what can I do differently to make him be a better man?? I truly love him but the drama he creates is never ending. One day I'm the greatest and the next day he's telling me it's over. He has probably dumped me 50 times but then a day goes by and he acts like nothing ever happened? I am so lost and confused

It's never going to change, he's never going to change so you either have to stay and put up with it or leave

Kids are very resilliant, all they want is to see you happy so I wouldn't be staying with him or their account.

Bottom line is no-one needs that sort of drama and instability in their lives, if he's not making you happy, then get out

He is never going to change, so think about if you can live with this person for the rest of your life or if not... Leave. If you are so unhappy its not good for youself or your children. Try and think about what you'd feel if you did leave, would you be really sad or kind of releived? I have recently left my partner of 9 years because I was so unhappy and after trying to change the way things were for so long with councelling and other things, i'd had enough and i couldnt handle the thought of being this sad for the rest of my life. I must say i have never felt so good and so releived that its over. Yes there is a long road ahead and with 3 kids it won't be easy but i'm glad now that i made the decision that i did. Goodluck!