+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking forward to....

I'm looking forward to saving up some money for a new car, so I am programming for PBS and doing a remote web design internship on the side. I'd like a 2009 Jeep Wrangler with a hard top. After getting stuck in that blizzard in March, I have second thoughts about driving my Ollllldsmobile to its grave. I'd like to take more road trips in the future, so I will need a dependable vehicle.

Programming for PBS? What would that entail exactly? Either way it sounds like a big deal, so congratulations.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Programming for PBS? What would that entail exactly? Either way it sounds like a big deal, so congratulations.
    I will be trained in radio and television broadcasting operations as a programming technician. That means I will be monitoring TV shows and radio transmissions while they are on air to make sure nothing goes wrong, and a couple of other manual operations. It's an easy job, and also kind of important, but it doesn't pay very well because PBS is losing government funding.

It's a good thing I fiddled around with radios when I was younger; I have certification for ham radio already and some experience doing this sort of thing, but for shits and giggles. At least it will be a fun and easy going job.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I'm looking forward to saving up some money for a new car, so I am programming for PBS and doing a remote web design internship on the side. I'd like a 2009 Jeep Wrangler with a hard top. After getting stuck in that blizzard in March, I have second thoughts about driving my Ollllldsmobile to its grave. I'd like to take more road trips in the future, so I will need a dependable vehicle.
    i second that, need a new car too :/ be a while before i can get on that..
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12