+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Answers!!! Is it Weird to be Scared of Love?

Need Answers!!! Is it Weird to be Scared of Love?

Ok so im gonna try to keep the back story real short and if anyone has a question about details to answer my question ill answer them.

So i love my girlfriend and she recently told me that she thinks she loves me but everytime she tells her self that it scares her she said. She also said it doesnt make sense and she knows that. We have been dating long enough to know how each other act in all situations and all the details of each others life, and im not gonna change drastically.

so my questions are
    * does that mean her feelings of liking me alot wont change to loving me? since i wont be changing
    * And is it normal for her to be worried about loving me? (she's never loved anyone in a relationship before)

PLEASE comment your opinions, i cant get this off my mind!!!

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    scared of love? Really?

You are screwing yourself over, denying yourself from a good relationship! And you are also screwing her over because "she has a chance of love"---with you.

its the uncertainty of what might happened that makes a person scared/worried/(put whatever negative feelings here) etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training
    WINS:10 LOSS:14 DRAW:2

it's not me thats's scared it's her, i know i love her. And we're still together and everything im not bringing it up anymore and that's why i had to post on here bc im attempting not to bring the touchy subject up with her

I have been scared, but only because I thought I was in love with someone who didn't love me back, turns out she just took longer to develop the feelings than I did. I was right to be scared because if I just threw the words out there when I first felt it, I would have been rejected as she wasn't ready to say them back. So thats a reason that someone MIGHT be scared.

Your situation is different, she loves you but is afraid to tell you for some reason. Have you told her you love her? Most women will not tell a man she loves them until they hear it first. So she might be trying to give you a signal.

Can I ask what your ages are? Because if she has never loved anyone in a relationship before, I am just getting the impression she is fairly young. Things that are new tend to scare us. And if she has such feelings for you that she thinks she might love you, it might not be the feelings she is afraid of, but what that might mean to her future (school, work, etc).
    Also, you say you are not going to change, but everyone changes throughout their life. Experiences and how we handle them constantly change us.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

*Cerby: yes i have told her i loved her and she said she thinks she loves me just that when she starts thinking about it, it freaks her out and she worrys

*DevonBrown: we are both 18 and i think what you said is whats going on bc shes had thoughts like that before that we have discussed just about a different topic, so maybe its just so new or worrys her but idk. And im not saying i wont change any im just saying 5 years down the road its not gonna be a durastic difference from how i use to be, whcih makes me wonder if her feeling will change drastically, but if its just thats shes worried about it and knows how she feels about me then that wont matter.

and thankyou for both of your replys!!

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    18 = baby... puppy love

good luck discerning between love/infatuation/lust/ and other mix feelings that comes with attraction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training
    WINS:10 LOSS:14 DRAW:2

^ o yeah since you never hear of people marrying people they date when they're 18..............o wait.................it happens lol