+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Reconnecting with ex - advice please?

Reconnecting with ex - advice please?

Hey. thanks for reading. About 3 months ago my relationship ended with somebody very special. we were seeing eachother for about 4 months. it was the best - a start of something..a great feeling. We ended on good terms. the reason she left was because her ex of 4 years had found someone and she couldnt handle it so needed space and couldn't give me a relationship then. They had split just under a year before i met her but she was still in contact with him as a friend...now hes said goodbye. even though it was hard and both of us was upset about our breakup, I've learnt to respect her decision and backed off and gave her space. I didnt want to hurt, argue or mess her head up more. I left her and had no contact with her for about 2months. we ocassionally saw eachother out in town in a group and still had a 'spark'. we both were gutted it ended. after 2 months she text me one day and said 'hey darling. hope you dont mind me texting. just wanted to say hi and hope your ok. ive missed talking to you. love xx' i was happy cause she showed she still thought about me. i replied later that night saying something like 'hi, its nice to hear from you, if missed your company. perhaps see you out tomorrow if your out in town? x' she replied nicely with 'ive missed your company too, I will be out and hope to see you. i know things wont be akward between us x'. That weekend i saw her and the very end of the night. we hugged and kissed a number of times and we text when we both got home to say how nice it was to see eachother
    1 week passed with no contact I text her saying something like what she first text me 'hey darling. hope you dont mind me texting. just wanted to say hi and hope your ok. ive missed talking to you. love xx' she replied daying how nice it was to hear form me and asked how i was... and till now that has been it. That was 2 weeks ago and no contact has been made. Im happy ive stuck to giving her space. I dont think she contacted me for reasons such as shyness, dont know what to say etc. Its now been a few months since we ended and i would like to try again..i miss her and would love to spend time with her - be like we were. How do i know go about this after having to contact?? I recently had dinner with some friends at a restaurant we had a date at.. was great and it touched the memory. can/should i share this with her. its a happy thought and at the same time just say hey, how have you been?. i just want to reconnect and be friendly. I hope to end end spending time out together and this is my first steps now its been a few months and things have settled. please help with any advice. thankyou

Don't tell her about having dinner at the restaurant and thinking of her. That could be awkward for her.

It sounds like she needed "space" because she was not over her ex-bf and realized you were a rebound. It was a nice way of her saying she didn't want to go out with you any more.

As for the brief hookup you had with her, chalk it up to her possibly second-guessing herself, but the fact that she didn't continue to pursue it should be a sign that she doesn't want to pursue it.

If you are hell bent on trying again with her, just call her and ask her out. You have the history already and you don't need any excuse to contact her. But don't be surprised if she says no.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!