+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forget or Forgive?

Forget or Forgive?

See my last post for my concerns over the trust i have for my girlfriend.

Last sunday night, we went out for drinks, ended up having quite a few, and all my mates were out so went off to talk to them all for a while, and i saw her later on having a conversation with her ex at the bar, he was buying her drinks.

It carried on for about 20 minutes, i had a massive go at her (proably went over the top) and i ended up breaking up with her, after this though she went back to his house with a load of other people, guranteed word is nothing happened, but..

Would you forgive her, or forget her?
    Cause she's literally begging for me back and couldn't be anymore sorry.

Her behavior was inconsiderate and slightly shady. She might be sorry that she may lose you over this situation, but she should have thought about that possibility while letting her ex buy her drinks. And she should have been thinking of you, not her ex. Also, under the circumstances, going back to his place was a very poor response to your concern. I would dump her in heartbeat, but then I've been cheated on by my last two girlfriends.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

How long have the two of you been together? Haven't read the other post that you said you made. I think maybe you reacted a little too strongly, unless she's given you reasons not to trust her in the past. Otherwise, you just came off as insecure in her mind. If she's been trustworthy up to this point I would probably take her back, but if not, then get rid of her. If she does something like that again, don't make a scene or anything, don't lose your temper, but just get rid of her for sure.

i would definitely dump her after going to the ex's house. there is NO way after that i would take her back. NO WAY. she doesn't care about you at all. i mean, even though you were breaking up with her, she could have tried to sort it out. but instead went to his house!

well yeah once she's with you, she's with you and I think she stepped a little out of line but don't give her hell for it just let her go, she's ruining your trust, there are plenty of others out there that could make you happy..