+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what do i do if my girlfriend is bi?

what do i do if my girlfriend is bi?

So one of the things that me and my gf agreed on when we first started dating was that we wouldn't try to change each other. We promised that we would be ourselves and we both agreed that if we had to change to be with each other, then we weren't right for each other. A few days ago, she started telling me that she felt like a whole part of her was missing; she had pretty much always been in a relationship with someone since high school and she never really got the chance to be single and actually bi. A few hours ago, she was at her friends house and texted me asking if she could fool around with one of her friends. This was hard for me, but I told her it was a;right because i wanted her to be happy and i didn't want to force her to be straight. After all of this happened, she called me crying and telling me that I shouldn't be with her. I don't know what to say anymore. She tells me that its not fair to me since she doesn't want to stop being with girls. I love her and I don't want to break up with her, but I'm so confused.

If I were u, Ill just left her. I dont want my partner go fool around with others.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    she sounds like a hoe. And very immature. First of all it doesn't matter if she is bisexual or not. She has a bf(you) and if she doesn't want to be with you then needs to quit stringing you along. Why did you tell her it was ok when CLEARLY, you weren't ok with it? That's like her asking to **** some other guy and you saying yes because you want her to be happy? WTF? You're relationship probably won't last by the looks of it, quit being a doormat and find a girl who isn't a slut.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

The problem is not your girlfriend's sexual orientation, it is how both of you deal with it.

If she wants to be with girls, then fine. This relationship clearly isn't enough for her. But if you let her walk all over you by "fooling around" with her friend, then that makes it seem like you don't care about her enough to continue a relationship.

Again, it doesn't matter if she is attracted to both sexes, but it matters how you deal with it. Accepting it is good, rejecting it isn't a great idea, but allowing her to do whatever she wants with her friend isn't a way of saying "I care a lot about this relationship and don't want you fooling around with other people."
    I am homosexual. A lesbian, actually. If you have a problem with that, then it sucks for you. It's not your problem. It's not even a problem. I quite like it this way.

i guess what i'm really asking is for advice on how to deal with it.. like i'm cool with it, I think i might even like to see her do that kinda stuff

just because she's bi, doesn't make a difference. IF YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE, YOU SHOULD BE WITH THEM ONLY!!! i can't believe you said it's ok. sleeping with someone is sleeping with someone, regardless of whether there is a d**k or not. so if she texts you and asks you if it's ok to sleep with a guy, then what?

it is the same thing!!! she obviously cannot be with YOU and YOU ONLY.

dude, get rid of her. she can't respect someone enough to be in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopunit View Post
    i guess what i'm really asking is for advice on how to deal with it.. like i'm cool with it, I think i might even like to see her do that kinda stuff
    no. the point is - she will always want something different. other than you. 'i'm bi and that's why i can't be monogamous' is an excuse people use.

if you really were ok with this, i don't know what you're posting for.

EDIT: and asking 'what do i do if my girlfriend is bi?' is stupid. should someone ask, 'what do i do if my girlfriend is straight?'

being bi isn't an excuse for 'fooling around' with other people.

good luck with this one.
    Last edited by blinki; 27-04-11 at 02:19 PM.

Congrats she just went behind your back, fooling around while in a relationship cuz u feel you're going bi is no excuse for anything. She sounds confused aswell and she doesn't know what's going on, don't drag yourself into the mess, just let it end and see how it goes from there, she's gonna want time to think and it's not fair for her to be having sexual relations with ANYONE but you when the deal is sealed