+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which pictures are best for a dating site?

Which pictures are best for a dating site?

Hi,

This is a little embarrassing, but I have been using a dating site and my old pics were not very good, so my friend took some. I look like I am posing - which I don't think will go down great on a dating site (having said that the tips section said to take them with you posing and not smiling!).

Which do you think are best, which are good and which should I ditch? Need about 4.

PS - please excuse my mosaic approach, I am a creative sort by nature

Thanks

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    6 because everything is sooooo overly corny as shit. the posey-ness is not hot.

Thanks. I think. 6 is a posey one though...

Hahaaaaa 6 for sure. It's posey, but since it's a relatively close crop, it looks less stilted and more candid. I also like 2: smiling is the way to go, in my book.

Damn! Youre a good looking guy! Id Bang you and Im not even gay!

Good to have pics of you with friends. Also have some done of you hiking or doing some activity.

Lol @ #5
    ____-

I like 1, 3, 6, and 7...good luck with the dating site!!! i met my bf off of a site and we are still happily in love ...we just passed the 2 year mark!

1,6,8,9 :-), good luck.

The Color of your eyes is amazing btw.

Lol - thank you all.

So which one as the main profile pic - this will be the one that gets me noticed! Plus how about this for a profile:

I'm ambitious and run my own business with two business colleagues. Fun, laughter and banter are a must . I love making people laugh. Very much live in the moment and I don't like to miss an opportunity. I'm not a 'I love myself person' or CHAV and I don't take life too seriously.

On the flip side, I enjoy nights in watching TV or a films, either with friends or quite happy on my own. Family first, but work is also a big part of my life.

Also like intelligent conversation every now and then .

The bold is the line they will see on the preview - they have to click to read more. Not sure this is a strong enough first line? Thought a out making a joke of me posing. What do you think?

6 would grab attentions.

Why are you So careful lol, I think what you wrote Is good.

Ah, it is because I've been on this dating site for a while and don't seem to be getting any dates.

I usually start off with a nice funny comment but only hear back from maybe 10% of the women I contact. The 10% who do contact me I usually lose contact with after about 5 messages. Not sure what I'm doing wrong! Thought it might be my pics or profile so thought id start with that. As for why I can't get passed 5 messages? God knows! All I'm doing is asking questions.

I do find my humour comes across great in person, but not so good on email!

It's coz they don't know what to say anymore or you made a closed conversation, uhmm or bored conversation....

I like #2 best.

As for the dating site, you might want to try offering an alternate form of contact, like email, AIM or phone number in your third message to her, or just saying you're enjoying the conversation and would she like to meet? I'm guessing you're carrying on the conversation too long and not making the move.

Try to find some pictures where you're with a friend and you look good. Girls like to see that a guy is social.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabella View Post
    It's coz they don't know what to say anymore or you made a closed conversation, uhmm or bored conversation....
    I did think that, but to give a few examples:

You know, I did wonder that when I replied! It's been great, although two BBQs in one day is too much. I don't think I can look at another burger for a while... So how did you spend your bank holiday weekend? -- Original Message --- Lol sorry that was supposed to read nemo that'll be my iPhones predictive txt!! I ment wakey dress ups not random stuff although I would of like to of seen the jump out of the window! ;-) Loving this weather :-) u!? Xxx

I'm very good thanks. Enjoying the sunshine and probably having too many BBQs! Got an all morning business meeting tomorrow, but taking full advantage of having a pub with a nice outdoors nearby! Have you been up to much? -- Original Message --- im very well thanks u? yep urv got it in 1 haha enjoying the bank hol weekend?

Too boring maybe?

Here are some I sent to women for the first time and got no response.

How are you? Now, your profile says a lot about what you don't want...so what are you looking for?

How are you? Nice profile '

How are you? You write scripts? Brilliant! What gene? I have written two before.
    Last edited by findingaway; 29-04-11 at 01:28 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast