+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feel like will never love again...

Feel like will never love again...

Since i parted from my girlfriend a year and a half ago i haven't had any luck in love whatsoever, i dated this girl who i didn't even fancy, i kinda forced myself to love her... Realized that i could not see myself settling down with her i ended it.
    Why haven't i found someone who can take my breath away like my ex did, i miss that feeling of going weak at the knees and butterflies in my stomach, anyone else felt this way before?

Right here man! I am still hoping I'll find someone that sets off the fireworks like my ex did.

Was the girl you parted from a year and a half ago your most serious love? If so, then, yes, I believe most people in the world feel this way at some point in their lives. I'm not sure if everyone feels this way, but so many people I know, including myself, have. You have one major first love that is electric like no ever love ever will be, and it seems magical and incredible when you look back in your mind and think about it, and nothing else seems to compare. This effect is partly just chemical in the brain, but partly it's because it was awesome. I felt like this for five years after my first love... then I found someone better.

I love the girl I'm with now in a way that's much more stable, complete, and, most importantly, positive. Some might say (in fact, my girlfriend says) that this love is more "boring" - certainly less "passionate" - than my first love. But I don't care. I look back at my first relationship - which seemed perfect for a long time - and see that it was beautiful but also kind of arbitrary, and that my own self got obliterated in my love, which wasn't great. This, now, feels more right to me.

So, I'm incredibly glad that I experienced this intense and wonderful thing for a couple years. But I'm even more glad that, five years later, I found someone who is better, and with whom I can imagine spending the rest of my life with. It's not perfect, of course - nothing is. But I know that the feeling of "I will never love again" is understandable, but naive, and there is always someone else out there. Just keep looking for that person until you find the one that makes you forget to keep looking =)

You never love two people the same way so you can have another who will love you as much if not more than that girl but you need to ask yourself are you seeing others girls with the same way you felt about her because if you are your relationships will be doomed because you cant put the past loves standards on another present girl they are individuals and love differently.To say you dont do it like so and so is cruel because even the past girl will have treated you badly to your expectations at some point.Can you really go into a relationship with the past girl so prominant in your head because if you are you are only looking for a clone.
    My exes have all said she's not you and i reply no she not but their are things you love about her that you disliked in me.
    Let the past have her standards and the new her's.
    It may not be as intense as the past but it will be intense in another way,we all look for love but no one ever finds the ONE who will love you as you want to be loved andthis is good because you evolve and learn more about how to love and be loved
    A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
    Robert Fripp