+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we Friends With Benefits?

Are we Friends With Benefits?

I've dated this guy on and off for over 5 years now. I think we both came to the conclusion that if we were going to be serious, it would have happened already.
    So now, he only comes over to have sex with me, and if he's going to spend "quality" time with me, he'll come over late at night, we'll sleep together and have sex, then he'll leave before breakfast - on a weekend morning, mind you.

We say "I love you" since we did when we were friends years ago, and he wants to include me in family and friend functions, but in the end, our only real time together is sexual. This weekend we didn't see each other at all and he came over for 2 hours last weekend, during which we fooled around and he left. We talk a few times on the phone during the day...then some days, no communication at all.
    Can this be classified as a friends with benefits situation?

I'd say so....ive been in a similar situation in the past....dont get caught up in the emotions..hurts too much.

Definatly is. Unless you`re fine with it being the way it is, break up as soon as possible, because it`ll never get more serious than it is now.

It's more like a booty call. You say most of your time together is spent having sex......I don't see too much in the way of friendship. As friends you would actually go hang out together as well and since you said years ago he included you in family functions.....that's so over....just a booty call.

Are you ok with being a booty call?

I would be fine for the moment, while I'm keeping my options open, for this to be a "booty call" or FWB thing if he didn't act like we're supposed to be together even though we're really not. I say ok, let's fool around and I'm fine with that, then he gets upset that I don't include him in my life. It's very confusing, because as much as he wants to be "more" all he's giving me is sex.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRose80 View Post
    I would be fine for the moment, while I'm keeping my options open, for this to be a "booty call" or FWB thing if he didn't act like we're supposed to be together even though we're really not. I say ok, let's fool around and I'm fine with that, then he gets upset that I don't include him in my life. It's very confusing, because as much as he wants to be "more" all he's giving me is sex.
    What guy wouldn't protect his steady supply of sex? He has the best of both worlds....he gets sex and doesn't have the restrictions of a relationship...you are letting him have his cake and eat it too.

yes if he is not keen to take you to breakfast or to a party or anyhting for thatmatter then yes you are his booty call. Enjoy the sex while you start dating new guys. No need to tell him it's over util you've found someone great seems to be this is what he is doing