+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how can i possibly get to know her?

how can i possibly get to know her?

theres this girl that lives next door to me, but we dont really talk with each other at all.. shes the kind of shy and quiet type of girl and me too.. which means its really hard for me to approach her :\ we take the same two buses on mondays and thursdays bcoz i get in college at 9am on those days and shes in sixth form for girls only.

The thing is i've liked her since around november and i still havent said a word or done anything.. and honestly its getting pretty ridicilous at this stage, i wanted to post a letter or something to her to let her know that i like her and why i havent done anyhting yet.. but i'm not sure :\

bump (anyone please? *.*)

Make eye contact with her and say "hey" or something. You can ask her questions and try to get a conversation going. Pretty much start out casual.. I think I'd like that better than a letter in which you tell her you like her right away.

The letter doesnt exactly say i like her and wanna go out with her , it just says why i havent done anything and explain how i feel so fearful and dont wanna strike her as a fool by goin up to her and etc :x

Hmmm yeah I still say you should try to talk to her. Try to get near her on the bus or before boarding the bus and like I said earlier, say "hey" and just talk to her.. ask her about school or something.. then maybe you guys will find out that you two have something in common. You can do it! Just be confident or at least appear to be. I think a letter might seem weird to her especially since you said she's shy and quiet. Let's say after you give her the letter, do you think she will approach you or write you back? I don't know.. I asked one of my friends what she thought of that and she said she'd be like "okay, what now?" if she got a letter.

i would just talk to her! girls are not as mean and scary as you may think. maybe in middle or high school it might've been hard to approach girls b/c the fear of rejection but at the college age, girls won't be mean! when you see her next time just say hi and ask her how her day is going. then from then on, you can start hanging out

The letter is a bad idea. She will think that you're deranged. It's one thing for you to be attracted to a stranger based on her appearance. But it's crazy to have strong feelings for someone that you've never even talked to.

Have you ever heard of small talk? You can start talking to a total stranger about non-threatening, minor stuff, like the weather. Walk up to her at the bus stop and say something about the weather. Better yet, ask her a question about the weather, as that will require an answer, even if the answer is "I don't no." Start with the small talk and try to build upon that. Some other safe topics are new movies coming out, celebrity gossip, local news, her shoes, stuff like that.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yeah i agree, no letter. It shows that you are scared. Just relax and introduce yourself, tell her that you see her here a lot. I had a friend that never talked to this girl that he saw all the time, he left his business card on her car with a note saying i think youre cute on the back. she started parking at the other end of the lot.

a simple hello and a smile can go a long way!

@OhHowLovely i could always put my mobile number so she could text me saying what she thought about it maybe? i dont know i'm so confused at this stage, i finish college next month and i dunno what to do, the other day she looked at me, I kinda tried to look but then i looked away

@salena if only it was that easy :x

@VincenzoG91 i dont have stronge feelings like that lol i've liked her since november and i do like her apperance shes the simple and is just herself ya know, thats what mainly got to me. i've considered small talk but the right moment is never specially when shes around :x

@zerokool189 I am scared though lol , its a good thing that she is shy because she might not find it as weird ya know bcoz i dont think she has ever been in a relationship aswell.

Look moron - just talk to her. If you're too shy to do that then forget about relationships forever and perfect your masturbation techniques

@Boisdevie thanks for the advice..