+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Men or women breaks up love/relationship more often?

Men or women breaks up love/relationship more often?

Folks,
    Sometimes a question comes in mind. The ques is on average who breaks up the love/relationship more; is it men or women? As far I know woman's mind is hard to understand & they change their mind more often. So they break up more. Any body agree with me or not? Ur free argument will be appreciated.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know about non-marital relationships, but there is nothing to argue about with respect to marriages: women initiate divorce more often. I don't think it's about her "changing her mind", but rather her finally accepting that the man she married isn't going to change, and there is plenty of warning along the way, but men often refuse to see it until it's over.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't know that I would say one gender initiates breakups more often than men. It always seems to be fairly equal when you look at a big enough sample. I am curious if there are any studies like this out there...
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [url=http://www.divorce-lawyer-source.com/faq/emotional/who-initiates-divorce-men-or-women.html]Who initiates the divorce more often, the wife or the husband?[/url]

^ that link says women initiate divorce 2/3 of the time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Vashti - Thanks for the link. I wasn't doubting you about the divorce figures. I was wondering in general, in all relationships. It doesn't surprise me about the divorce numbers either. Men tend to not have as large of a support system outside of their marriage as women do. So men don't really have other people to turn to for advice, etc. Women tend to have lots of friends and family that they discuss more emotional things with and always know that someone will "have their back" if they decide to get divorced.

That study cited in the link is from 1988 though. I wonder how much that has changed in 23 years...
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I have been divorced twice (not proud), and I initiated it both times for very different reasons. One theme was that they both were threatening divorce along the relationship when they wanted to change me. I think thats an inherently woman trait, to want to change a man. I am in a LTR now with a gf who accepts me as I am, but I have no intention of ever getting married again. She accepts this as well. I feel if two people are committed and in love and love each other, that marriage is just a piece of paper and things change once the other thinks they "have you". Also I think I personally tend to be more attentive when I am not married. After all, one could just pack up and leave with no divorce. To all married folks that are in a great relationship: I am proud of you , keep it up
    Last edited by surfer808; 03-05-11 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added

Actually I was meaning the love relationship not in relationship after marriage. So if u have anything to say pls say.