+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I go back to my ex or stay with my current boyfriend?

Should I go back to my ex or stay with my current boyfriend?

My current boyfriend is 29 going on 30 this year and I am 23. When I was in high school I had one of those "high school sweet hearts" to die for- smart, handsome, talented, heading for a brilliant career($$$$$) and best of all, totally in love with me. Unfortunately for us, we went to college's separated by time zones and could only see eachother during holidays and even then it was hard to resist fooling around. We're finally both out of school and I am with this wonderful older guy who loves me and wants me to settle down with him. All the while I keep hearing the last thing my ex said to me- "if we were ever living in the same place at the same time I would leave whoever I was with for you." I am starting to lose interest in my current boyfriend and gaining interest in my ex and at this point I love both of them too much for comfort. I have to make some kind of choice but I don't know how I can possibly reach a decision so can anyone help me?

you already made your decision.

I am starting to lose interest in my current boyfriend and gaining interest in my ex. . .
    You don't really need our help, you'll eventually slide one way or the other, and it looks like you're well on your way.

Yes, sounds like you hae already made a decision in your mind. But becareful! If it didnt work out before, it will most likely not work again, no matter the situation.
    I read a really good book called 'Love the one you're with'. Its definitely worth a read for you in this situation. You could be letting something go that is worth more than you can see. Especially while you are being blinded by a crush who you have had good memories with. Thats what i think is probably happening. Ultimately it is your decision but just choose wisely. Good luck!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!