+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what's eating him?

what's eating him?

I think that this guy likes me. I met him when hanging out at a mutual friend's house. ever since, when I see him at the coffee place that our mutual friend works, he is friendly toward me and jokes and flirts a little.

tonight i was invited to go to our mutual friend's house again and this guy just happened to be at the right place at the right time and offered me a ride. while in the car he showed me pictures of his kids and he drove really slow, like he wanted to talk. we had a good time while there but I am shy so I probably wasn't giving off signs that I liked him. our other friend asked if the guy and i had been doing something before we got there... as if he thought we were just hanging out on our own. then he got a call from someone and our mutual friend asked if it was B___ ( a girl), or if he had to pick up his kids, and he said no it was nothing. Then our mutual friend asked if B___ did not want to hang out that night? And the guy said no it's nothing really, and obviously did not want to discuss it. We had just smoked a bit before and even the night wasn't same after that. He got in a quiet mood after that and obviously wanted to leave, and I felt in that mood too. And then he decided to go because he said he had to wake up early. All after that phone call. Was she his girlfriend, or someone like that? Or was it from smoking... he did that last time we went over to our mutual friend's house too, he got in a mood and ended up leaving. I don't know what to think..

The smoking probably makes him socially awkward. Try not smoking next time, or if that isn't a problem counter the effects of the smoking with some alcohol?

(that is some of the weirdest relationship advice I have ever offered online....)

Also, stop speculating. If you like him, ask him out. If you only sorta like him, then wait for him to ask you out and then say yes or no. If you don't like him, then don't ask him out and don't say yes if he asks you out.

Regardless of how you feel about him, stop speculating on what he "might" be thinking or doing. That will never ever turn out well.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

so we were sitting outside with some mutual friends and he asked if "anyone" wanted to go on a bike ride, and finally after it was just me my bff (girl) and him, he got around to asking if i wanted to go, but i had to work, and he asked about tomorrow and i said i had to work and he said we could do something in the hours between when i finish work and when he starts (2 hour span). my friend said he seemed nervous as he didn't ask right away, but finally he said to let him know so he offered his number and i typed it in.

however, today i heard that he has the reputation/past of being a player and charming younger girls (I'm 21, hes 30) and that he is sleeping with two girls in different cities. it seems so impossible but i guess it is true. is he a player? should i ask for an explanation or just be a friend and nothing more?