+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe its me...

Maybe its me...

My husband started a new job about 8 months ago. He is always working, which I am grateful for.. I just had a beautiful baby a few months ago. When he began this job he was always chatting with me about the woman that he worked with.. always. One day he came home with her name, written on his hand in ink. When I asked him about it, he told me one of these guys at work did it. I let that go... Last week, I dropped him off at his job and this woman is staring into my vehicle. ( I have never seen her before and he works with a lot of men). When I asked him, who that was he WOULDNT tell me, only to say that he was just joking and told me that she was the same woman that was fired from his job earlier... Why wouldnt he just come out and say so if she doesnt mean anything to him? Why be secretive? When I question him about being secretive, he gets VERY defensive and I get no where.... As far as the writing on his hand... he says that he cant remember who did it now.. Not sure about the rest of you but being 28, I would remember if ANYBODY was writing/drawing on me. I wouldnt forget that..

He's probably just flirting with her.

Unless you guys were unhappy I wouldn't be too upset about it.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Thanks Cain! I dont mind the flirt, but I think he should be letting women draw on him, ya kno? At least wash it off before he comes home.. He would have hit the roof if I let a man draw on me..

It's not like he was banging her in the bathroom.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Not sure about that comment... But its not like I'd know

Other than these circumstances, have you ever had reason to suspect him of not being honest or faithful with you before?

He could be getting very defensive for a few reasons. A) He hasn't done anything and is genuinely hurt that you are doubting him. B) He has done something and is trying to hide it by placing the argument back towards you. or C) He hasn't done anything, but has considered it and is feeling guilty about it.

The best thing is to try to re-establish open and honest communication with him. Try to talk to him without being accusatory or argumentative. Let him know how you are feeling and ask him for help in feeling better about everything.

As far as the writing on his hand, you aren't wrong about it, but it isn't that big of a deal. Your doubts about his fidelity are more important.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Be less available to him, and start flirting with other men. He'll get upset, and then you can talk about it and explain that you feel the same way.

If you feel very uncomfortable with the situation, you should find a chance to talk to him peacefully. It is totally wrong for "guessing", because all your assumptions are based on your feelings and not the facts. It is true that he might act defensive on what you asked, but you should try to talk to him by telling him how you feel instead of blaming that he is lying to u or being secretive.