+ Follow This Topic

Thread: You will get over her

You will get over her

I read this forum daily and, after 3 months, I woke up one morning and didnt care about nor want my ex back. Everyone that says they will never get over her/him, you will. And everyone who hurts like I did, it does stop. I just repeatedly told myself to get on with my life and then, one sunny morning, I finally did!

I accepted who I am, I understood I would never be the man I am now with her and I accepted who she is. And I forgave both of us. Quite sincerely, everyone, I have never been happier in my life. Of course I still think of her but in a fond way now only, not in any other way.

The hurting does stop, it does go away and you will move on. No one will replace her or him and no one ever should; the memories just need to be filed away and forgotten for now. Not forever. It was a part of you but that is no longer you. YOU are you now. Just live your life.

I wont be posting anymore, I just wanted to say thanks to those who gave me encouragement and support and showed me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Choose your own way of living everyone. You are better to move on. Believe me!

Take care
    TS

im doing ok but still post.. you can still help peopel

good for you mate, good for you... Truth is, that this forum does work for me too - still feel fairly depressed and totally unsure of what to do, but you lot are quite good in distracting me when I am back from work. I am reading and thinking of your problems, instead of obsessing with my recent troubles. Still finding it hard to sleep at night though. Oh well... I am glad I found this forum and I hope I leave a comment or two that some of you will find helpful

That was very wise of you to say that, yes eventually you can move on and I am very glad you did. It is the people we spend alot of time with and meet in our lives that influence us and affect us the most, I have had to get over people before, I haven't forgotten them but in the end I learnt lessons through knowing them and being with them then having to get over them. You'll always find obstacles in life but they are only to make you stronger and help you learn lessons for future reference..

i agree that you should continue posting and helping others. It's amazing to have this support from others, even if they are total strangers. Whether you're single or in a relationship one day, it always helps to come on here and just help others out. best wishes for the future.