+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star signs..

Star signs..

Hey guys just looking for some opinions here.. Do you really think it matters what star sign a certain person is to make a relationship work or do you believe it's all a load of stereotypical information to help us relate to who we are as people??

I'd like to know what you all think

I suppose that on dating sites star sign is used by superstitious dimwits who cannot decide whether a profile is interesting based on relevant information.

Your sun sign that you read about in the paper will have very little bearing on compatibility. You need both parties birth charts and a good astrologer to gain any information from astrology. Or you can go and learn how to calculate a birth chart and decipher them yourself.

that's true, i guess it all comes down to the person and their nature..

I believe it's mostly bull, with a tiiiny kernel of truth. I definitely don't consult star signs when considering a relationship with someone, there are far more important aspects (chemistry, shared interests etc etc). The star sign theory for me only holds up a bit when looking at a person's very general personality - there is some strange overlap there that I can't quite explain.. But it's not relevant when trying to make a relationship work, I think. There are other things that matter much much more.

On the other hand astrology does indicate something about compatibility. A person who takes that crap seriously wouldn't likely fit well with someone who's more down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    On the other hand astrology does indicate something about compatibility. A person who takes that crap seriously wouldn't likely fit well with someone who's more down to earth.
    LMAO!!!! I believe in astrology and my down to earth partner didn't when he first met me. Then I did his birth chart for him. That's when astrology really takes effect. People rarely reflect just their star sign (which is technically your sun sign), as your sun sign is just one small aspect of it. Assuming you can determine compatibility by star sign is like saying people with who laugh are compatible with other people that laugh.

I don't believe in astrology, but some people do. This makes it a slightly relevant factor, because people who do believe in astrology seem to strive to live up to the stereotype for their sign. And they will make assumptions about me based on my sign, if they happen to know my birthday.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

In astrology Star sign is not nearly as relevant in relationships as Mars, Venus, and aspects in your and your partners birth chart. You should do a synastry chart with the person you are trying to determine compatibility with. Ultimately it's down to the people.

I don't know how much credence I give to astrology, but as someone that breaks down and studies systems, algorithms, and methodology, for a living, it's definitely worth a closer look.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 06-05-11 at 02:43 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jesus.

Really people?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Jesus.

Really people?
    Funny. That's exactly what I say when I meet a Christian.

Here's my answer:

You read this: [URL="http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/"]zodiac-signs-astrology.com[/URL]

and then come back and tell me what you think!

(personally, I always go to what astrology says, but I will not reject a guy just becuase his sign is not compatible, I will read up on his sign and then know what types of quirks he has that won't mesh with my quirks. Then it's all easier then problems do arise, I know where they stem from.)

Astrology itself is a load of you-know-what. Especially these days when you can almost chose what day your child will be born (with inducing pregnancies, C-sections, etc).

But I agree with the others that it could play a role in relationships in that some people believe VERY strongly in astrology and if their partner doesn't, it would cause significant difficulties between them.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I read the description of my star sign on that site just for the giggles. I'm actually quite surprised that I couldn't relate to the description at all. I mean, people who write those things usually try to make them generic enough to fit most people, don't they? Still, more than 90% of the description was way off mark. I honestly expected better.

(personally, I always go to what my experience and deduction say. When I want to know what kind of quirks my date has, I'll observe her. Unfortunately there's no way to read the personality directly so you have to rely on talking to them and observing their behaviour. There are no shortcuts.)

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySam View Post
    Here's my answer:

You read this: [URL="http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/"]zodiac-signs-astrology.com[/URL]

and then come back and tell me what you think!

(personally, I always go to what astrology says, but I will not reject a guy just becuase his sign is not compatible, I will read up on his sign and then know what types of quirks he has that won't mesh with my quirks. Then it's all easier then problems do arise, I know where they stem from.)
    I will reject a girl the moment she says she believes in astrology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast