+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I haven't seen him in 23 years...

I haven't seen him in 23 years...

I'm meeting an old flame from waaaaaaaay back and I can't wait. I called for business advice & he offered to meet. I've always fantasized about what I'd do/say and share my real feelings with him but realized if he really cared he would have called me by now. Anyway - I'm about to jump out of my skin regardless. How can I contain myself? Any tips???

Wow... That's way worse than mine was. I'm totally at a loss. Sorry.

but realized if he really cared he would have called me by now.
    Depending on his circumstances. He wouldn't have called if he was married with a family. Is he single/available at this point in time?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

He's still married. And he was married when we dated years ago. I can't expect that to change but I'm still so excited to see him, again. I guess I've never had closure - wonder if I'll feel it when I see him.

What...you are one sad woman! get a man of your own. Some women are very desperate

You don't need closure for a married man. He is married. You have closure before you even begin.

If he is suggesting you meet so he can cheat on his wife again, that is something only you and your morality can decide upon.

I would say just get the business advice you want, reminisce about old times if you want, and then go your separate ways.

Done and done.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

It sounds like you still have some feelings for him and that's why you feel that you need closure of some kind. My advice, look for his flaws when you meet so that you can come to a point where you are grateful that he's not part of your life anymore. It can be hard to see someone's flaws when they only show you the good because they want you for an affair. Remember that you deserve someone who wants to share all of their life with you and he never valued you enough to do that. Just go and get the advice you need and move on!