+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does randomly talking to someone count as a flirt?

does randomly talking to someone count as a flirt?

I had this girl in one of my classes randomly talk to me about stuff in the class and what she has done in the day. Does this mean she is interested in me or am i misreading?

Depends on her body language and how she treats other people. If she talks to plenty of people that way, chances are you're not special. However, if she specifically comes to you and talks to you in a different way, it could be something. Hard to tell really. Usually when it happens, you can feel it.

Maybe, she just had a question about class. The simple answer is just talking does not equal flirting.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Flirting is doing something different to get your attention. Small talk is not usually flirting. Except if she nibbles on the tip of her pen and gives you a sexy smile. THAT'S flirting.

Does she glance at your during class? Also watch her knees, if they point towards you she's interested in you. These are strong signs of attraction.
    <No advertising in signatures is allowed - the mods>

if you intended to flirt, then that's flirting. if you did not intend to flirt, then it's not flirting. just be honest what your intentions are.

if the other person thinks you were flirting even if you weren't, that's miscommunicaiton. not flirting.

Just because a girl talks to you, it doesn't mean she 'likes' you.

It's amazing how many guys still seem to make this mistake.

And even if she is flirting ... flirting doesn't really mean much: both guys and girls can do it for their own egos, and not necessarily for the benefit of the target.

That being said, she may like you ... just keep chatting with her, find things in common, and if you're interested in her, and she in you, look to arrange to do stuff together.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

It can be either. A girl might want to talk, just to talk. And another girl might want to talk because she likes you.

If you're really unsure, either she's not very skilled at flirting, you're not very good at reading signals or she isn't flirting at all. If you suspect that she is, she probably is. When i get that intuitive feeling that someone is 'maybe' flirting, more times than not they are. I think it's an ego thing to be overly cautious in case you misread someone and over estimate their intentions, only to be rejected.

Can't comment on this one as it's so normal conversation, 50/50.