+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: facebook

facebook

now know its just facebook.. however I am wondernig if i should remove the pictures i have of my ex on my profile page (the row of pics up top.) heres why: if i dont and she does first then she will think I am not over it.... if i do first she may say something (which means she may be keeping tabes) she may not say anything either, which is fine..

She still has 3 on her page... again this is just stupid facebook, but i think to women it means a whole lot more then to guys.

Does it really matter? You might wanna get offline and go outside for a walk, clear all the negativity from your past relationships that you're pining away for. Here's a thought, facebook is stupid and just another way for people to pretend that have more friends than they really do so why dont you just remove yourself completely....

I don't know.. If it wasn't me putting those pics there (like someone else tagged me) I'll just ignore/ leave em be.. If she thinks you're not over her just bcoz there's some photos of her on your fb, I'll just hold the "huh what?? oh, your pics are there I didn't notice.. I'm too lazy to do anything to em so I'll just leave em who cares anyway" kind of attitude LOL

If she takes em off her fb, I'll have the "Gee you're so childish but who cares, go on assuming what you please" attitude..

I actually think removing them sends a message that you give a shit. It's like saying, oh gosh there are pictures of my ex here. It reminds me of her and I can't bare it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Agreed. ^^

The photos are a piece of your history. If you delete them, they are gone, probably forever. If there is any way you can rearrange them so they aren't the first thing you see when on FB, then do that.

However, I warn you: the young women you may eventually date who haven't developed a lot of self confidence will likely be bothered by them.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i wouldnt delete them just hide them from the "profile page" and they are tagged photos that she tagged me in her album.. she still has a bunch of us on her side too..

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As long as you're single, it's not a problem that those pictures are there, but... if you find a new girlfriend, i wouldn't just recommend to erase the pictures but remove your ex from fb!! Anyway she's your EX, why would you even care to have hare on your friend's list ? It's definitely not helping in moving on. Actually, everyone I know erases their exes from fb and it's not about who win who lose or who's mature or immature ...Exes should be in the past.
    I wazzzz here

thats the thing she is still friends with all her exes some in RL and i think all on FB. I didnt care too much as i trust her, although i will admit it is somewhat uncomfortable.

Did you say you were both 3 or was there 3 photos up?

Do whatever you feel, you're' not together anymore.

yeah i guess im being immature... thanks

I used to look at my ex on FB. A lot. And a lot of the time thats where I saw she was meeting/talking to other guys. In early November I deleted my account and have never looked back. FB, to me, is evil and should be gone. My 2 cents.

right but my issue is as follows.. i think i still have a chance with her, as her reason for breaking it off was she just needs time/space. these next few weeks are crucial in that result. I delete my fb and it makes it seem like i am doing it BECAUSE of her, i think the same goes with the pictures too.

Ha, to me if you delete them all mean you send message to her that you moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabella View Post
    Ha, to me if you delete them all mean you send message to her that you moved on.
    yeah. maybe ill just tag myself in some other photos so they just "naturally" disappear...

I had the same situation. My ex actually has tones of pictures of us on her fb. Pictures when we went to my parents' house in NY for the first time, and pictures when I met her parents in DC. I'm talking about hundreds of pictures. On some of them we are kissing and just being a couple. What I did was to untag myself on some of those pictures. Especially those on which we are together. I only left the tagged pictures of me alone. I did the same for my pictures. I deleted the pictures where we are together and left the pictures where she is alone. What I did though, was to save those pictures in my computer. She still has those tones of pictures in her facebook although she dating someone else now.

She is also friend with all her exes on fb. When we started dating she deleted some of their pictures and left maybe only one picture from each of them. Neutral pictures; so I was fine with it. I remember the first time I walked into her and her new boy in our apartment. I sort of laugh and what she did was to untag herself on some of my pictures. But that was like what? 4 - 5 pictures? and most of those pictures she was alone. I don't know what that means but it was her way to tell me that she didn't like when I laughed lol. fb is devil like someone said. That same night she made the relationship official on fb. She later told me she was pissed. Oh well!!
    Last edited by confusius; 12-05-11 at 12:01 AM.

i think leaving them up is the best way to handle it.. they are pictures she tagged of me anyway.. so ill let her decide what she wants to do.. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast