+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with a new relationship..

Help with a new relationship..

Hello guys,

I would appreciate your views on this relationship.

I met my new girlfriend in jan 2011 and the 3 and half months have been great. she has many friends a lot more than me and is very sociable. I'm sociable too, but don't go out as much as she does. Shes also 19 and Im 27. she is mature for her age.

Well, as I was saying the first 3 and half months, have been great. we spent every day together. her best friend even said she never got to see her. but my gf would come round every night and we would cuddle and watch dvd.

we have been on a few holiday and recently went on a holiday to the lake district. everything was fine, but since we came back..she has been more distance. she says she still loves me. but all of a sudden shes busy and does not wanna come round, or I should say cannot come round becouse shes busy. but it seem strange becouse she would come round every night before.

Anyway, It just feels really weird the relationship now. we hardly see each other. shes is now going out a lot more with her friends and is seeying her bestest friend a lot more again. now my gf and her best friend are planning a holiday to ibiza...I have to be honest this made me a bit worried, cause that place is mainly for people who wanna get sex and drinking a lot.

But basicaly she just seems a lot different recently. we did have an argument. becouse I felt like giving the relationship up. my gf said, I have to learn to share her and that she has friends and is still a teenager. she said she still wants everything we planned together..but needs her space sometimes. thats fair enought....but honestly things feel different.?? I have no problem with her seeying her friends. I do have friends too..but she just seems to not wanna fit me in much theses days..Im so confused. I love her so much. when she comes home from going out, she will always text me and say she loves me and shes going to bed and so on...

where do you think I stand? is this normal of a relationship. Ive not had many relationship..but she even said we would go on a holiday this year..but now she wants to go on a holiday with her best friend?

I love her so much..but something does not feel right? is it me. I'm I controlling? why does she want to go to ibiza? what should I do? why does she not want to come round as much? I'm I boring her? she said I was not boring, but that we was both different people and like different stuff.

excuse my bad typing.

thanks and I look forward to your reply.

remember she is only 19 man..but from what it looks like it doesnt look good.. trust your gut, I know mine is never wrong.

thanks for ur quick reply.

Thats the thing thought. We went for a walk saturday and I official said to her, I don't think Im right for her and we had a moment and she said to me...so you wanna give up everything so far, and that her dad started to like me and thought I was a nice guy and stuff like that..which made me think she does not want to end it??? Im confused? sorry I did not mention this before.

my ex was acting all weird.. and then cancelled plans to meet my family, but said "i still want to meet them, I just want to be 100% when i do." The next day she dumped me. women are very fickle...

I could be wrong dude... thats just what it sounds like to me.

I guess soo..It's so hard to tell. Monday was My birthday. and my gf did buy me a really expensive watch and took me out for a meal and Pub. it was fine then..I really dont know what else to do..

also, this may sound weird, either she does not have a high sex drive..but she does not want to have sex much..but loves cuddling mainly. is that weird?

same with my ex dude...one minute she would want sex, the next she wouldnt... I would just take it day to day and see what happens...

Could it be possible that she just wants to move slowly? She's only 19. I think she just wants to move slowly.

What's wrong with cuddling? A lot of girls love to cuddle.

I'm guessing that sex is an issue because you brought it up. This is something you really need to discuss with her. I can see how not having sex much could be an issue. Some people want to wait to have sex.

Also, there's a huge age difference here, which could be an issue. You seem to be at an age where sex is very important to you. You are a lot more mature than her and probably are much more experienced.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Yeah I guess so..she told me from the start she only has eve had long term partners and most of them cheated on her.

she said so many things to me..like me and her going on holiday..and we have had many short breaks..but now she wants to go on holiday with her best friend?

I don't know where I stand..but I dont wanna be 2nd in the relationship..

also on her facebook. she put. cant wait for saturday, going to party, gonna be great. yet today she told me..she cant be bothered to go to that party??? its so confusing.

Maybe Im insecure...but I just wish I stood somewhere..Im scared of being used and hurt.

Thanks for ur reply...no we had lots of sex when we first met..but now she dont seem to want it...

its like, shes comfortable in the relationship and now has put me aside and knows im there, and now she can relax and be with her friends again. but I dont want that..I wanna still see her.

but when I did nearly end it, she got very upset and really did not want to finish it and says becouse I brought up finishing it, its nothing something that she will forgive me for, it will take a while.

relationships are a two way street... you cant be the only one putting in the effort...

I know Im really confused...How long do I give it?