+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How fat is too fat??

How fat is too fat??

I am posting this thread to find out the opinion of the average guy on what sort of weight is attractive on a woman?? I am not trying to offend anyone as I know we all come in different shapes and sizes. I for one am not skinny and could definately lose a few kilos. I have been getting the feeling just from little things he has said, my bf im talking about here, that he thinks i need to lose weight and this is why he is not interested in sex. When watching tv he can become very critical of people and their bodies. Like we were watching embarrising bodies last night and there were all these perfectly fine women with their boobs out. He said not one of them has nice looking boobs. I didnt think so I think everyone comes in different shapes and sizes. It made me slightly uncomfortable in regards to those comments as I wonder what he thinks about my boobs then??? I have never had a problem with men before though in regards to this. So im thinking maybe my bf is the type that just prefers really skinny fit chicks. Im just wondering for the average guy to what point does a womans weight start to revolt you to the point where your not interested in sex??? :/

This question is loaded, some guys like fat chicks, some guys like really fat chicks, some guys don't have standards. Ok. Look, most people like fit people, even unfit people do. I don't know what you look like but if your boyfriend isn't having sex with you and you think it's a weight thing, then either lose weight or find someone who will have sex with you. Those are your options. I'm not saying why your boyfriend may not have sex with you that much, if it is because he thinks you're fat then I can't answer why he would stay with you. I've dated a couple girls that were good in all way but they were a bit fat. It didn't bother me at first but it did eventually and I just told myself (and they told me) they were going to get in shape. I won't fall for that again.

P.S. A couple kilos isn't bad, a dozen kilos or so is though.
    Last edited by Kilocake; 12-05-11 at 04:49 PM. Reason: more info.

Yeah.....it all depends on the person. Personally, overweight people are not attractive to me.

Obviously, as others said, it's all subjective. I don't prefer skinny girls myself. To me, some extra fat around ass and hips is good but when it starts to gather to waist and arms, the attractiveness starts to drop. It's impossible to say at which point it's too much though. Shape has much more effect on total appearance than weight itself. A girl with a cute face and a round butt is bound to be super sexy even if she has a bit of fat around the waist.

The optimal weight is subjective too. The most attractive celebrity in my opinion happens to weigh 57 kilos according to Wikipedia. Are everyone who weigh 57 kilos attractive? No. Are there attractive people who weigh more than that? Yes.

If your feelings about what he says are correct, your boyfriend strongly prefers skinny girls and you aren't one. Tough luck Then again, it's not hard to lose weight with some determination (assuming that you actually have some extra fat to lose).

I hate guys who are critical of girls. The guy I'm dating makes fun of my friends faces and bodies and stuff. And I say hey those are my friennds... it;s not nice... I saw find a new guy who likes you and your personality and not how you look like.

Oh and I agree that guys like fit people. You could try to do some exercises and stay in shape and cut down on your calories.. My friend went on a strict diet and for the first 7 days she ate nothing but veggies to detoxify her body. You should give it a try if you're interested but you can't eat anything that's has salt or any oil. Just strictly eating salad or veggies without flavor.
    Last edited by iamminzy; 12-05-11 at 06:32 PM.

It might help if you tell us how tall you are and how much you weigh. For me fat women are a real turnoff. But it cuts both ways. I'm 47 and there are loads of guys in their 40s with huge guts = yuk. I'm 1m83 and I weigh 72kg

Quote Originally Posted by iamminzy View Post
    I hate guys who are critical of girls.
    I don't like it when anyone is critical of anyone regardless of gender.

Thanks for the opinion guys. I would def like to lose some weight but for my own reasons not because I want him to have more sex with me. How do we upload photos on here??

im quite skinny so im not really into someone that much bigger than me ...

HOWEVER, i would generally say a girl is 'too fat' when it starts to knock her own confidence or they're ashamed of their body. up to this point, if a girl is proud of what shes got then damn .. why the hell not. who are we to judge.

Sometimes I come across as a real git on this forum but my GF also needs to lose some weight. She is on a diet and has lost 4kg in two weeks - she is doing this for herself but also to make herself more attrractive to me - and I will do every single thing I can to help her. Why not tell your partner that you love them and that you're going to try to lose weight for you and for your relationship? And ask them to help you.

Well Problem solved he just broke up with me tonight... over what I thought was rather silly n something we could have worked out... Kept tellin me how stupid I was and that I dont get it... then deletes me off facebook tell me not to text him.. so i dodnt so he texts me again a few times then tells me hes deleting my number... so i dont reply... he literally threw a tantrum... i knew i did wrong i apoligised but no lol Ahhh well onto bigger and better things I think In more ways then one hopefully lol