+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just Friends, or something more??

Just Friends, or something more??

I met this girl 7 months ago, and we've been going out and doing different things: movies, walks, shopping, etc for the last 7 months or so - you know, things people do on dates. Met the family, been over many times, etc....well, we like to meet and do things on weekends and during the weekdays, we do talk on the phone at least 3-4 days a week.(she calls or I call, so it's shared equally) Here's the confusion for me: I think she just sees me as just a friend and nothing else? Reason being, well, we haven't done anything that might indicate that we are in a boyfriend - girlfriend relationship, so that kinda tells me that she probably just puts me in the infamous "Just Friends" category??? We haven't even done any hand holding, cuddling, hugging etc, even though I do flirt with her and indicate romantically that I am interested in her. I don't know, maybe some people don't like to physically show affection??? <shrug>.

Given the information up top, what do you all think??? Is there any hope that I am more than just a "Friend" to her? This "Just Friends" can really break a guy's heart, and it's been broken quite badly before, and I fear that I am faced with the same situation again.

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Marvel; 01-01-05 at 02:26 PM.

7 months, ah, you just a friend. unless she's mormon or something.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Very simple. Tell her you're interested in her and then ask her out on an official "date". Say, "I wanna go out this weekend. If you haven't caught on yet, I'm interested in you. Feel like giving me a date on Saturday?"

Then she'll have to tell you whether you're in the "friend zone" or not.

Alexi

King Zarathu Guest
    this can get tricky. depending on how dangerous you want to get, you can pick one out of two choices.

one -- very risky. you should just kiss her and see what happens.

two -- make a joke involving her being your girlfriend and see how she reacts.

personally, i say go with one because she's already cuddled with you and y'all have already held hands.. i bet she's waiting for you to do it man.