+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Is The Meaning Of This?

What Is The Meaning Of This?

Hypothetical scenario for the women. I would appreciate your opinions or advice.

You pursue a guy at work for 2 years. You do everything you can to win him over and over time it's working. You know he likes you, but he won't ask you out and you can't figure out why. After 1.5 years he gives you a Christmas present. You love it and you hang it from your rear view mirror. By this time you are in love with him. You know he's crazy about you and you can't figure out what his problem is.

At two years you both quit the job. He calls you every couple of weeks in the afternoon. You call him back at night and talk until sunrise. You suggest that you meet up to do various things. He dodges you with no explanation. You can't figure it out. Now you are starting to get pissed off, in addition to being totally confused. The next time he calls, you are not picking up the phone and not calling back until he tells you how he feels about you. It's time to put up or shut up. A line in the sand has been drawn.

He talks for hours on your voice mail and tells you the story of the first time he fell in love. He's answering a question that you asked him a year ago. He's finally opening up to you and you think that you finally have him. He says he's leaving town for a couple weeks and will call you when he gets back. Then he never calls back.

That was 3 years ago and that guy was me. It's too long a story of why I did what I did. I know where she works since I saw her car in the parking lot this past summer. In October she hung my Christmas present from her rear view mirror - just 3 years shy of when I gave it to her and 2.5 years since we have spoken. As of a few days ago, it is still hanging there.

I also know she's had a boyfriend coming up on 2 years. Here's the twist: She also had a boyfriend the entire 2 years she was pursuing me - her sophmore and junior years of college. She went from senior year of high school unti graduating college with one boyfriend, who she broke up with when she graduated. A month later she had a new boyfriend and this is the guy she went through grad school with - she will have her master's degree next week. She's beautiful and smart and can get most any guy.

So my question is: Why is my present hanging from her rear view mirror? We haven't spoken in 3 years. Thanks for your thoughts.
    Last edited by Jonah; 13-05-11 at 09:17 AM.

Some people just collect suff, simple as that.

Maybe it's just fine where it is and she hasn't figured out anything else to put there.

The first time I saw it, it was hanging there alone. Since then she added a few more things hanging from the miror from chains, but hasn't taken down my present. The present gets tangled up in the chains from the trinkets that are hanging lower. Then she pulls it out and makes sure it's sitting on top of the other stuff and hanging unobstructed in her face right at eye level. I'm in that parking lot every few weeks so I've seen over time that this is what she's doing. I do feel guilty just bailing like I did and I'm not sure if I should leave it alone.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're 'the one' Jonah. She's been waiting all this time for you to make a move and these guys are just placeholders until you find the guts to man up.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

So your saying she took it down since you stopped talking to her and then just recently hung it back up? If that is the case and the other things liek always making sure it is not tangled and in front, than she is thinking about you, probably wondering what happened to you and why you did the things you did. If your watching her car for these kind of things you obviously have feelings for her still. If you can commit to her this time., you should talk to her. however if you do you need to tell her why you did what you did, otherwise you need to move on.

Thanks for your answers - greatly appreciated. She does look very happy with her new boyfriend on her FB pictures. The whole thing is very strange.