+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I ask a long time friend on a date?

I currently live in Georgia but I have lived all over the southeast and I was born in Guam

How do I ask a long time friend on a date?

Hi everyone. I'm an 18 year old guy and I have to say I'm pretty shy when it comes to girls and dating in general. I have very little experience in the field and I need some advice. I've know this girl (who is 2 years older than me) since I was in the 10th grade. We were friends back then and even better friends now we recently just came back into contact with one another and I've seriously taken a liking to her(well not that I didnt before). I had never really seen us dating because she is WAY too pretty for me so I never even thought of persuing a roomantic relationship with her until now. She just broke up with her boyfriend of 2 months and she is absolutely not upset about it. I'm getting hints that she really likes me (hints from my brother as well as her) but I'm not sure If I really believe either of them. I really couldnt see why a beautiful girl like her would be attracted to an overweight kid like me. I have almost no confidence or self esteem so that just depresses the hell out of me every time I think about her (which is ALL the time) If you go by the 10 point scale she breaks the damn thing. Im not kidding she turns away guys more attractive than me all the time. I'm a fun person around her all the time and we have fun together. I'm not afraid to be myself arouund her but the thought of being in a relationship with her both scares and depresses the hell out of me. What I want to know is how I can tell if she really likes me or just likes me as a friend. AND after that how do I go about asking out the hottest girl in town?
    Any and all advice is appreciated, thankyou.

What I want to know is how I can tell if she really likes me or just likes me as a friend.
    Just ask her out on a date. That's really the best way to find out if she's at all romantically interested in you or not. Since you describe yourself as a fun person, pick a fun date. The zoo, a museum, a concert, walking around in a cool part of town, etc. Just be sure to make it clear that it isn't another friendly outing, for example, "There's a concert I want to go to this weekend. Want to come with me, as my date?", except you'll phrase it in a more smooth and natural way. If she accepts, be the fun guy she knows you to be, but more flirty.

Also stop berating yourself. You need to not hate yourself before getting into any kind of relationship. A healthy relationship is not possible if you lack a healthy mindset.