+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very odd situation.

Very odd situation.

Hello all.

So, just to continue my habit of getting into really unusual situations.. here's another one.

I went on a date with this woman that was actually really fantastic. She's very bright and clever, quite attractive, and was shy in a rather cute way. Sounds normal enough, huh?

Oh, right, she's married. But her husband knows and approves of her dating. It's not a cuckold or threesome thing, but apparently he has a very low sex drive and the physicality of their relationship has died.. plus he works constantly so she gets stuck in with their kid and misses having adventure in her life. They apparently talked about it and decided she could have a boyfriend to fill her adventurous and sexual needs without anything that threatens their emotional ties.

It's a rather strange concept but I'm kind of curious about it. Basically it'd be a FWB that I wouldn't have to worry about becoming more than that.

What do you all think of this situation? I am not, and never will be, okay or involve myself with cheating. This is explicitly her husband okaying her to get a boyfriend for dates and sex.

I'm somewhat wary of it but at the same time, intensely curious.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If this is true, it's not cheating. the only thing I would worry about is YOU becoming emotionally invested in a woman who is ultimately unavailable.

Well, I worry about her kid finding out about this, too. She would SO not win the mother of the year award.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If this is true, it's not cheating. the only thing I would worry about is YOU becoming emotionally invested in a woman who is ultimately unavailable.

Well, I worry about her kid finding out about this, too. She would SO not win the mother of the year award.
    Her kid is only 10 months old. And I dunno, does it make her a bad mother if she's trying to preserve a marriage by seeking out what she's missing, with permission, rather than break up a family?

Eh. I've never had a problem keeping myself emotionally distanced going into relationships where I knew it wasn't viable. I've had a number of FWBs and such before, but they usually ended because the woman got attached to me whereas I had put that out of the equation.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    10 months?

Jeez, I can't imagine being interested in FWBs with a little baby to care for.

I don't think this is a good sign.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

wtf... her husband lets her date you? wtf>?

Wow Wasabi!

She's married....low sex drive....with a 10 month old baby! You sure know how to pick the ladies. Im not sure whos dumber? You, her or her husband?
    Last edited by surfhb; 14-05-11 at 10:10 AM.

My guess is the husband is cheating on her as well... that's why low sex drive, etc. I totally don't get the point of that, and I would not get involved if I was looking for any sort of serious relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Wow Wasabi!

She's married....low sex drive....with a 10 month old baby! You sure know how to pick the ladies. Im not sure whos dumber? You, her or her husband?
    He has a low sex drive. Maybe you should go study English above a 5th grade level before you call someone dumb.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you not interested in a healthy partnership w/an available woman, Wasabi? Everything you do has fallout. Even if you manage to keep yourself from being shredded in this situation, you might put a future relationship at risk. Personally, I would never take seriously a man who had a history of getting involved with a married woman. I'd have serious concerns about his morals. AND his intellect for getting involved in a mess like this in the first place.

Just saying.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    He has a low sex drive. Maybe you should go study English above a 5th grade level before you call someone dumb.
    Hey, it sounds dumb to me too Wasabi. I definitely have more than a 5th grade education.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oops..... my mistake. But I'll stick with the original question. Seriously Bro? Is this sexy or exciting to you? You asked for our opinions and you have mine. Just get a hooker

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Oops..... my mistake. But I'll stick with the original question. Seriously Bro? Is this sexy or exciting to you? You asked for our opinions and you have mine. Just get a hooker
    A hooker? That's your advice?

Like I said, I was curious for input. I haven't done anything and I'm not sure I will. Mainly I was posing the situation to see how people felt it was morally and logically. I'm not dumb and frankly, it's pathetic for anyone to throw that towards me for posing a question.

When the divorce rate in the US is over 40% and who knows what percentage on top of that cheats, I am curious whether the approach to discuss and find a solution to something lacking, even if that's the taboo subject of approaching sex with someone else, isn't progressively minded. If she's going to divorce a guy that is a good parent and that she has everything else except sex with, and he's not bothered by the prospect of her looking elsewhere for that, is it so wrong to seek an alternative solution that keeps parents together?

Apparently it's a bit too racy of a topic for some of you and I'm not sure if it's something I will involve myself in, but the idea behind it is intriguing.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratedwasabi View Post
    A hooker? That's your advice?

Like I said, I was curious for input. I haven't done anything and I'm not sure I will. Mainly I was posing the situation to see how people felt it was morally and logically. I'm not dumb and frankly, it's pathetic for anyone to throw that towards me for posing a question.

When the divorce rate in the US is over 40% and who knows what percentage on top of that cheats, I am curious whether the approach to discuss and find a solution to something lacking, even if that's the taboo subject of approaching sex with someone else, isn't progressively minded. If she's going to divorce a guy that is a good parent and that she has everything else except sex with, and he's not bothered by the prospect of her looking elsewhere for that, is it so wrong to seek an alternative solution that keeps parents together?

Apparently it's a bit too racy of a topic for some of you and I'm not sure if it's something I will involve myself in, but the idea behind it is intriguing.

Yawn. This is not a new concept. If you are seriously contemplating this, look into Heinlein's idea of Line Marriages. LOL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Yawn. This is not a new concept. If you are seriously contemplating this, look into Heinlein's idea of Line Marriages. LOL.
    Actually not at all what she's looking for. She wants sex but not a deep emotional connection.

If you're bored by it, feel free to **** off and not post in my thread.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So you say. But you seem to not understand how women are wired.

You are just offended b/c I agreed with the fellow who says its a dumb idea. Deal with it.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast