+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My heart...

My heart...

I know we're human. I know what we go through is completely normal. It's all a part of the healing process. But I'm struggling.... each day is easier but my heart just doesn't want to let go. It has been too long since the break up... 8 months to be exact. I still do think about him everyday... I still reminisce and think about our past together... a part of me still wants him back.. I have this crazy thought that he'd pick up the phone and call me one day. I know things won't work out... but the mind is cruel. I miss him. How do I let go? I've done everything that I could to keep my mind from thinking of him.. but everything around me and everything I do is a constant reminder of him..even the smallest things is connected to him. I am overwhelmed with sadness, loneliness and feel so weak in the heart. What am I supposed to do? How do I move on?

Confused, conflicted, and just lost.

Relay sorry to hear that, I’m prob's not the best person to give advice but I'm guessing its like loosing a parent.

Qoute's for some reason help. here are 1 realy nices ones.

No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.
    Barbara de Angelis

And my only advice would do not try to forget as the trying to forget will make you remember. so remember and you will learn to cope.

Its one of the hardest things in the world. Especially when you feel you loved them more. If you are still grieving the loss, the death of the relationship you have to let yourself grieve.
    If it goes on too long i would seek out a counselor who deals with this stuff. Exercise, being outdoors and journaling my feelings has helped me. You may even want to write a letter that you never send...to yourself
    just remember there are many in your shoes.

I'm in the same boat 4mths in I do still think about my ex but I don't get that horrible gut feeling anymore which is progress . Ive tried dating and that's helps I've made loadsa new friends who know me as I am and not the person I was in the relationship . I went to see a conciller and it did help only went to two sessions but time does help .read the book it's called break up because it's broken really helped me
    Hope you feel better soon

Same shoes.. About 2 months after the break up. The wound still feels fresh at times. But there's absolutely nothing I can do because she is overseas. I loved her so dearly for 4 and a half long years, but she broke my heart and betrayed my trust. Even after such betrayal, my heart still craves to be with her. Even after she gave me an ultimatum, saying that she'll never end up with me, I still crave to be with her. But I know it's almost impossible, so I'm practically FORCING MY GUTS to move on.

Things that have helped:
    1) Working out
    2) Outdoors
    3) 'Getting over break up' books (yes and they are lovely to read when you're all alone. Feels just like a counselor talking to you)
    4) Blasting music out loud
    5) Meeting new people
    6) Playing my guitar (picked up a new hobby after she left me)
    7) Keeping busy
    8) Re-writing my goals in life
    9) Talking to people on this forum!

Wow. I'm a month in an less than 24 hours after it actually hit me. I keep wondering when the pain is going to stop. Wish I could be brain washed to forget the past 7years. I see now that I may have a long road ahead. Everyone says to keep busy, do things and get out there. Harder than it seems. Especially when you don't really have Amy friends. Trying to be positive but this sucks!

I know how you feel buddy. It is as difficult for you as it is for all of us. Really it is. I too wish that I can be brainwashed into thinking that she never existed. But then, I've learnt a lot through this break up and to me, the lessons that I've learnt the hard way through this is priceless.

Breakups are the worst. I've never felt this shitty, since, well.. Ever.