+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this considered cheating/would this upset you?

Is this considered cheating/would this upset you?

Scenario:

Your boyfriend once hooked up with this girl that he was interested in last year. The reason they ended up just friends wasn't because he didn't like her anymore, it was because she had rejected him after hooking up. They became friends again, and also became very touchy. This all happened before he even met you.

One year passes and you come into the picture. You start dating him, and you guys are clearly exclusive without a doubt...and she's still there, kissing him on the cheek! At first, this only happened at parties when she was tipsy. Then you realize she does this when she's sober too. THEN you realize sometimes your boyfriend kisses her back, or blows kisses to her.

You tell him this isn't okay with you. He argues with you for an hour, and then decides you're right. He promises you at the next available opportunity he will tell her to stop.

A few weeks later, she goes up to him, while you're standing there watching, and gives him a big wet kisses on the cheek, sound effects included.

He doesn't say a word.

It takes him 3 months before he finally tells her it's not okay.

Would you be upset?

I am no longer with this person anymore, but months later, even when we've broken up for almost two months, I can't get over it. He has done things to show me he won't let it happen again, but it hurt me so much when it did happen. Why can't I get over it? And am I allowed to be upset?

How would you react?

You've been broken up for 2 months. Get over it. Seriously.

I'd be upset at the time, but it's no problem once we're broken up.

I'm assuming this hypothetical scenario is something that happened to you. If so, then it's no big deal since you're done with the guy.
    I am homosexual. A lesbian, actually. If you have a problem with that, then it sucks for you. It's not your problem. It's not even a problem. I quite like it this way.