+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting someone for the first time.

Auckland, NZ (Home) Palmerston North, NZ (work)

Meeting someone for the first time.

hola, wassup people? hope you all had a ****en primo new years! (thats if you have had it) cant grasp the concept of time so i yeh... haha

anyway, was just thinking about places you would go to if you wanted to meet people who are relaxed and in the mood to meet new people.

Like i went to this massive dance party on new years here in nz, was ****en primo, unbelievable, tasty women everywhere (no offense ladiez) but i wasnt goin to try anything. 1. because i assumed everyone there was there just to have a good time dancing etc etc. and 2. because i still dont have very much confidence at conjring up the courage to dance with women, like ive said before in other posts i dont have the tenacity to just go up to someone and just start dancing, id like tobe able to, but its just not my thing, i guess its a fear of rejection i suppose? (anyone agree?)
    another question is has anyone got any hints or tips of how to be rid of this fear of rejection?

it'd be a major confidence booster i think if i could get rid of it!
    cheers to anyone that feels inclined to respond
    adios
    chatters

King Zarathu Guest
    to get rid of the fear of rejection - go out and randomly ask a shitload of women out and get rejected each time. worked for me.

[url]http://www.cyber00.com/go.php/selfmotivation[/url]

self motivation ^^

a good place to meet people.. the only thing that comes to mind......Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Chatters_nz
    hola, w***up people? hope you all had a ****en primo new years! (thats if you have had it) cant grasp the concept of time so i yeh... haha

anyway, was just thinking about places you would go to if you wanted to meet people who are relaxed and in the mood to meet new people.
    This first suggestion may sound a little goofy but it seems so easy.

If you've been following my threads, you'll know that I have been dating a wonderfull lady very recently. We took my dog up to the dog park in the Hollywood Hills yesterday for some excerise. As we walked around in the woods, there were tons of people there, lot's of single women and men with their dogs, all very friendly and a common interest in dogs can be a great way to strike up a conversation. Just a thought.

Second, I've met a lot of ladies at smaller concerts. Whatever type of music that you're into, rock, country, jazz etc., find a show and go. It beats a dance situation, and if you see someone you're attracted to, just go up, be very casual and start talking about the band. You already have something in common, meaning that you enjoy the same music or you both wouldn't be there. Again, an easy way to start a conversation.

Then sometimes it simply happens. I had just gone out for one drink at a nightclub (I was bored sitting at home) when I ran into a casual buddy who was there with his girlfriend and her girlfriend, who was alone. They introduced us and we hit it off. New Years Eve at midnight, we agreed that our dating would be exclusive.

It'll happen when you least expect it.