+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gifts from ex's

Gifts from ex's

Hey ladies

Just trying to work through some stuff and would like your thoughts.

When I got to my ex's on her birthday (she wasn't my ex at that point) she showed me what her 10 year old boy had bought her for her birthday and mothers day. She shares care with her ex who obviously bought the presents with her son and her ex and her son brought them around. She got two very expensive perfume gift sets. (Channel 5 and Elizabeth Arden if I recall)

As it happens I also bought her perfume and were looking at the very same sets. They were both around $120 - $150 each. So basically $240 - $300 of perfume.

Her 10 year old wouldn't have had $300 in the first place because I know he spent the last of his pocket money the month before on something else.

So my questions are.

Is that too extravagent and intimate a present for an ex to get on behalf of his son for a birthday / mothers day (I think it is)

And her ex has been in a relationship for the last couple of years, so if you were his current girlfriend and knew he had spent close to $300 on perfume for his ex, would you find that odd?

This is not even a thing. Don't worry about it. I mean, I guess if there's some history of her ex trying to worm his way back into a relationship by shamelessly using their son, then maybe it's cause for concern. But if that's not the case, then the son just picked out some perfume without regard to how much it costs and his dad did a nice thing by buying them on his behalf and not saying, "No, this is unacceptable. Pick something cheaper for your mother." It's not that odd.

Edit: Wait, what? She's your ex now? Damn it, Horsey! This is SO not even a thing. Stop thinking about it.

For the son, no. But for her? Yes.
    But why do you think about it? You guys broke up and by what you told, you are not going to return as she didn't know if she loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabella View Post
    For the son, no. But for her? Yes.
    But why do you think about it? You guys broke up and by what you told, you are not going to return as she didn't know if she loves you.
    Well I don't know Cinnabella .... why have you spent every day for the last 6 months posting on here and worrying and thinking about stuff about your ex???

You just do .. It's only been a week, give me a break. I'm trying to make sense of some stuff so I can let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    This is not even a thing. Don't worry about it. I mean, I guess if there's some history of her ex trying to worm his way back into a relationship by shamelessly using their son, then maybe it's cause for concern. But if that's not the case, then the son just picked out some perfume without regard to how much it costs and his dad did a nice thing by buying them on his behalf and not saying, "No, this is unacceptable. Pick something cheaper for your mother." It's not that odd.

Edit: Wait, what? She's your ex now? Damn it, Horsey! This is SO not even a thing. Stop thinking about it.
    Well yeah, busted her having a dating profile for the last 3 Months when we were suppose to working through some problems so i dumped her.

And I'm trying to not think about it but I always start over-analysing and to me this just doesn't add up.

Should have also added to the orginal post but I didn't want to cloud it that I had to wait at her place for a couple of hours on her Birthday because she was going to dinner with her son and ex for Mothers day (same day). She invited me for the day and then told me she had to go to dinner.

Edited to add. And yes I know that doesn't matter now either so don't even go there ;p
    Last edited by Horseyguy; 16-05-11 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Well I don't know Cinnabella .... why have you spent every day for the last 6 months posting on here and worrying and thinking about stuff about your ex???

You just do .. It's only been a week, give me a break. I'm trying to make sense of some stuff so I can let it go.
    Simple. Coz you don't want To get back with her, but I know It's never easy. Ok I will give you a break lol.