+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some help. Constructive responses only.

what sort of things can you determine about a potential partner to deem them fit or unfit fairly quickly?
    I assume she's talking about major deal-breakers. Like if the person is a drug addict and you're not, or if the person wants 6 kids and you don't want any, or if the person hates animals and you love them, etc. And you know, sometimes you meet a person, and within 10 minutes you realize you can't stand them. It's possible for 2 people to be so incompatible that it's obvious right away.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually I looked for more subtle things: how he treated others, his behaviour when we went out, was he mannerly, did he have interesting things to say. The major dealbreakers (habits, hygiene) would let me know whether we would even go on a date. I also had concepts I would raise to see how he responded, tho I didn't think of them in such terms at the time. I'm making it sound more manipulative than it actually was. I just knew what I wanted and didn't compromise.

BTW, I'm sure I missed out on some nice guys as a consequence. Actually, I know this for a fact. But that's the tradeoff. So many ppl waste so much time w/partners who aren't going to work out anyway and (I think) they tend to know this early on but hope it isn't so.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 20-05-11 at 08:22 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I also had concepts I would raise to see how he responded,
    Off Topic but give us some examples? Interesting how much thought girls put into dating.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123