+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what do I make of her reactions?

what do I make of her reactions?

Hi,
    anyone who can help me is appreciated. I try to understand women's behavior, reactions, but in this case I'm really lost and it's driving me nuts:

This is the story:

I met this girl, well we've known eachother for quite some time but lately the contact has intensified.

I really like her and hope something might develop.

The problem: whenI make advanceson her, she keeps giving me mixed messages.
    On one hand she seems to have no problem with spending the night with me in the same bed, half naked and sometimes cuddling up to me. On the other hand she brushes off any advances I make on her, she wouldn't even so much as let me kiss her.

My question: what is ist she wants, or what she doesn't want. Either she's interested in me or she isn't, but I can't tell which it is.
    And she knows that I'm neither gay or a-sexual. If she on one hand isn't interested in me and wants to keep things on a platonc level, then why the other signals, like sleeping in the same bed half naked. Is she naive? Or playing games with me? testing me?

Someone help me, maybe a woman who can relate. ..

I did confront her with this issue in a nice and friendly way, telling her that I like her in every way, and that I need some clear response from her. She hasn't given me a clear-cut answer yet neither rejected me nor opened up to me. She said she would let me know.

Oh: I'm 39, she's 26. Is that an age thing? Or is there something in a woman's psyche that I'm missing here. I like her and I respect her, I've been a gentle man to her. But I need an answer.

I'm hoping, someone can help me here.
    Thanks.

Confuted

Try not to focus too much on physical responses. I know they say a lot about someone's feelings, but don't let that be the main issue right now. If it were me, I would cater to her intellect and emotional needs. Lots and lots of talking about anything she's comfortable with. If you can, bleed into some conversations about what she likes/ doesn't like about a guy or what she's really comfortable around. Where she takes the conversation after that will say a lot.... if she goes into detail about everything, she's comfortable enough to tell you. If she gives short, quick responses.... you're gonna have to wait a little longer. To be honest, the age difference may be a big factor. But take a step back and slowly try to bring her feelings to the surface. The physical responses will follow when she's ready

You've already answered your question, you loved her and you respect her. Maybe she was just testing you, try to be more patient.
    By the way, how long have you been together?

prob seeing what u want in the long run. the 1st date my current g/f now we ended up having to sleep in the same bed together underware only cuz of share a hotelroom. she justs seeing what ya are all about. its kinda easy to figure people out by what they dont do in bed right away.

age is not the problem...