+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you listening to?

[QUOTE=leoben;721660]Hey, Adam Duritz is an artist of today! Never heard Frank Sinatra sing like this.

I agree....Sinatra was...SINGING. This Duritz guy is pure CRAP. If this is what turns you on, it would explain why we talk past one another on LF. I think your brain waves on are a totally different frequency. BTW...are we all still Homo Sapiens? Just checking.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV02nP9PLnQ]YouTube - ‪Frank Sinatra - New York, New York (1982)‬‏[/url]

Listen...its singing. It has a logical flow to words and sound.

Look...he is wearing a man's suit. Your Duritz person...he's dressed like a freak and obviously has no sense of pride as MAN. Not a surpise.

Interestingly, this might explain why my gf still has sex with me. Because unlike many of the guys in her generation, I'm actually a MAN. Sadly, she's not much of a "woman" as I remember women from a few years ago. There are some good women and men in her generation, but too many have become "creatures" with either boobs or dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Hey, Adam Duritz is an artist of today! Never heard Frank Sinatra sing like this.

I agree....Sinatra was...SINGING. This Duritz guy is pure CRAP. If this is what turns you on, it would explain why we talk past one another on LF. I think your brain waves on are a totally different frequency. BTW...are we all still Homo Sapiens? Just checking.
    Funny, you're one of the few guys I've gotten into a protracted conversation with since I've been here. Not to yell at for doing something stupid in an advice thread either.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV02nP9PLnQ]YouTube - ‪Frank Sinatra - New York, New York (1982)‬‏[/url]

Look...he is wearing a man's suit. Your Duritz person...he's dressed like a freak and obviously has no sense of pride as MAN. Not a surpise.

Interestingly, this might explain why my gf still has sex with me. Because unlike many of the guys in her generation, I'm actually a MAN. Sadly, she's not much of a "woman" as I remember women from a few years ago. There are some good women and men in her generation, but too many have become "creatures" with either boobs or dicks.
    I'd wager it's the challenge you present by keeping her at arms length rather then your rabid aversion to pink bunny outfits. Most young guys fall all over themselves trying to give the pretty ones attention and will do anything for sex, quite boring.

Sinatra was a talented singer but never brought out any emotional response for me. He couldn't do what duritz does, sing with that kind of feeling. There are younger artists more in Sinatra's scientific style if that's what you crave, they sometimes wear a T-shirt and jeans though.

Reminds me of the Civil War series on PBS. Love stuff that brings back good memories.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I'm going to start calling these posts "CAMrants", LOL.

Anyway, I happen to like some of the Counting Crows stuff, esp Yellow Taxi. But there are still some young 'Class Act' artists out there. This young man, for example (who lives not too far from me, as happens). A young Sinatra, I think (he certainly gets the girls going, lol). For you CAM, enjoy:

Also this for a more 'classic' feel:

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Also this, which is a test of any 'Sinatra-esque' singer. He does it really well, IMO:

Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by leoben View Post
    I'd wager it's the challenge you present by keeping her at arms length rather then your rabid aversion to pink bunny outfits. Most young guys fall all over themselves trying to give the pretty ones attention and will do anything for sex, quite boring.
    LOL. You are probably right. Well, its that and the fact that she probably knows that if she said, "I want to see other guys," then I'd say "See ya" and not miss her for a moment. If a woman really wants to be attractive to me, then she has to retain some of the mystery. These days, there's no mystery. The last two women I went out with on first dates...they liked me and so I was touching vulva within two hours. The old days: you may never have seen that, but wow they could turn it on with their charm, fully dressed, nicely made up, with good conversation skills.

Sinatra and his type, they set the mood for the seduction. It was being in the moment with her, dressed up, on the town, feeling good about yourself. Not just back at her apartment, laying her on a mattress in the middle of the floor. And, I might add that these two women...both well educated, but no class.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'm going to start calling these posts "CAMrants", LOL.

Anyway, I happen to like some of the Counting Crows stuff, esp Yellow Taxi. But there are still some young 'Class Act' artists out there. This young man, for example (who lives not too far from me, as happens). A young Sinatra, I think (he certainly gets the girls going, lol). For you CAM, enjoy:
    Good stuff. Thanks. CAMrants...LOL. Nah, it is just that Cameron does not like society and had to pretend to like it for ten months (the first on the job). Fortunately, the blush is off the rose. I made a colleague cry during a meeting, then the person ran out of the room...dared to challenge "the facts" which produced in documented, email, date stamped form. Got her way in the end, but only because many guys are not men and are sensitive to the gentle sex.

Ah, if felt good to be the old Cameron again....blunt, curmudgeonly, to the point.

Now, for some golf....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Churchill much, Cam?

(criticism being the equivalent of biologic pain--calls attention to something that is wrong)
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

12 stones - broken
    Rob zombie white zombie
    five finger death punch
    three days grace
    staind
    tech n9ne
    cherry poppin daddies
    and everything else inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Churchill much, Cam?

(criticism being the equivalent of biologic pain--calls attention to something that is wrong)
    Oh, not often. Well, not publicly, at least. I criticize work situations when discussing the workday with family.

In the case I mentioned, it was someone saying that something hadn't occurred when it was clearly written into the minutes of a meeting--and those minutes had been date stamped in an email message. So, when confornted with "Cameron, you are wrong," I then reproduced the minutes and stuck them under someone's nose and said, "Oh, yeah?!" That led to their tears of embarassment and the running away like a child. Others felt sorry for the person shown to be wrong and took pity on them. It is always interesting to watch others, who would decry Christianity in a moment, then act more "Christian" than the real-McCoy.

In terms of something being wrong...just go to a faculty meeting Any faculty meeting. One suspects that Aristotle was wrong about human beings.....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    On the topic of classy-not-completely-dead is this young gal from the UK. I am eagerly awaiting her first CD release:

Last edited by IndiReloaded; 27-06-11 at 07:35 AM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    10 characters

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Civilization by Justice it was used in an Adidas advert.

i'm on an annie lennox kick right now.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast