+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend visit once a week. Trying to accept the reality..

Boyfriend visit once a week. Trying to accept the reality..

Hello all, I'm new to this forum

The thing is I've been official with my bf for almost 6 months. He courted/dated me for about 3 months, and everything was great. However I feel that he put less effort nowadays, and I ended up becoming more clingy ( maybe). He is my first official boyfriend, and before him I have only dated online for awhile and a guy in middle school for a short period of time. I was rather a tomboy back then playing with guys, but I have now lost almost all of my guy friends and adding more female friends.

Since I'm still considered inexperience in relationship ( he had a short term gf and dated a couple girls), I guess I still have that 'blooming' feeling like the one with puppy love, and I just want to see him more than just once a week. Maybe after I experienced it then I could move on/cool down. I told him about this but he said he can't help me with that because he's busy. During the weekdays, my bf is busy with his PT internship and master school (PT student). We can only meet up once a week, so either I drive to his city, or vice versa. We considered our relation as a semi-LD due to the distance of travelling between our location, which takes about an hour+ traffic.

I'm willing to drive to him when he's free, but I don't know if that will violate his personal time. But at the same time if he's care enough, wouldn't he be willing to drive to meet me even if its just for a couple hours? I just don't want to come out as clingy just because I want to meet him twice a week.

I like him a lot and I'm falling for him, I just want to bury this awful feeling but alas no luck. I don't want to be a clingy gf but what should I do? :'(

sugest an entire weekend?

I did. Sometimes he said he will be busy doing chores around the house, which I don't see it as a big deal. Laundry, cleaning rooms, are not time consuming imo. He did come by for two days in the weekend once or twice, but that's it. And when he said he's busy, I get that awful feeling where I feel I'm invading his me-time, so I ended up mad at myself and sad for silly reason.

Sometimes I wished to see him when he's home during the weekday but that would be pushing it...

long distance stuff is hard, i did it once. id ask him when you think you guys could see each other more, maybe summer? id go from there

We talked about it tonight, and I snapped a bit, ended up crying on the phone. I'm not really proud of it, but he finally realize that this a reoccurring problem and he's willing to put more effort for our relation by meeting halfway for dinner on a weekday He will be busy all summer since he will interning full time, but I'm just glad he does care about us. Oldskool83, thanks for the encouragement!