+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Swore To Myself I Would Never Fall In Love. And Now That I Have It's A Huge Mess!!

I Swore To Myself I Would Never Fall In Love. And Now That I Have It's A Huge Mess!!

**Sigh** I swore to myself I would never ever fall in love but sadly I have......
    I am a Junior in highschool and the guy I like is a senior......There is only 17 days left in the school year before he goes off to college and I'm sooooo confused:

The story as it is now:

So as you can guess this is the first guy I have ever really had a crush on. We both play instruments as well. He plays Bass while I play piano and violin. At first I would ignore him everyday at school(b/c I was scared) secrectly I knew I had a major crush on him. I told my friend about the feelings I was having because I just couldn't keep it in anymore and she told him to add me on facebook . Soon after like a week later after we did a performance in our school's orchestra and before he went to perform I said "Good Luck in the Performance!!". After his performance he came up to me and hugged me!!! I was suprised and I wasn't sure what really to make of it( I have absolutly no guy friends by the way). This brings me to the present: On Monday we had about 5 hours to wait until we did our next performance and I was sitting by myself dreading waiting alone for 5 hours with no one to talk to and he came over and said, "hey me and the guys are going for pizza wana come?" I said yes and went with them. We walked to the pizza store and talked a little but then the sad part comes after

The Sad Confusing Part:
    We hardly talked on the way back and it was kind of akward. After we went back to the "Green room" Which was a room in the building we were staying. Soon after him and his guy friends took out their food(I didn't buy anything to eat**I'm not sure if that was good or bad**) But they ate and left me out of the conversation. So I asked them is they wanted to play Tap Tap's (The game) So they said no b/c there fingers were sticky so i said ok and played it by myself. After he told me " you want some fries", so I was like sure, then he said, "we can share the ketchup" and I said I wasn't really a ketchup person and I liked fries without ketchup ( was this bad?). after I was kind of bored b/c they left me out so I got my violin sat in a corner and practiced. They brought their instruments over to pratice with me as well but aafter a few minutes of practice they went into the next room and I went in with them. Soon after I found myself sitting ALONE at a table while he was talking to other girls and his friends. I spent the rest of the evening alone
    .......by myself

--- I'm wondering if he really does like me b/c I'm boring. he also hugs other girls and he's great friends with many many PRETTY girls and I'm beginning to think maybe I'm just" another one". but, why would he ask me to come with him and not the others girls? Should I say something to him? All I've said to him since then was just random hi's and bye's. Also were going for anoter orchestra performance this Saturday and I don't know WHAT TO DO!! He's leaving in 17 DAYS!!

First off, why'd you promise yourself not to fall in love? I think that's a terrible idea. It's the same thing as eating bread and drinking water for every meal from now on. Boring.

Next, if you're attracted to someone, go for it. There's no reason to NOT go for it. Even a few rejections are better than being alone forever.

Anyway, your story about the pizza place made me think twice about "going for it". If he's one of those people who talks to you one minute then ignores you the next, I wouldn't consider that "relationship" material. As much as I believe in being completely open with your emotions with everyone (including this bass guy you're talking about), I think a sort of abandonment in communication is a huge impairment.

Another thing: If he leaves in 17 days, I'm not sure what effect your feelings will have on him. If you tell him how you feel, he won't stay for long. If you hold your feelings back, he leaves without knowing how you felt. It's your choice.

Also, I don't accept that personal belittlement of "he's friends with other pretty girls" stuff. Who cares? I haven't driven anyone wrong yet by saying there is no "He/she's too good for me because of such and such". Thinking someone's friends are rather fine-looking doesn't mean he can't be attracted to you.

Hope this helps.
    I am homosexual. A lesbian, actually. If you have a problem with that, then it sucks for you. It's not your problem. It's not even a problem. I quite like it this way.

Thanks a lot for your advice but, I don't think he likes me much anymore. When he was passing by my chair yesterday in orchestra class I said hi to him twice and he never answered back. The first time I thought--oh that's ok he probably just didn't hear me but, the second time I said hi not only did he ignore me but, he went over to the piano and started playing with some other girls and to top it off he then goes over and starts a conversation with my Ex-friend(I'm not sure if he knows she's my ex friend by the way). I was so angry that after the bell rang I just walked out of the classroom. Anyway's I don't want him to leave without knowing that I have special feelings for him so on the last day of school I'm going to write him a letter, give him a blue cookie monster T-shirt(His favorite color is blue) and a scrapbook I made myself. Thank You for your help again.