+ Follow This Topic
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: No contact ...Help

ive done the same

I left mine on FB, but I simply have no desire to see her page, so I just blocked her feed so her activity won't show up in my news list.

Day 5 for me but I still have something of hers that I plan to give her back in person, so clearly none of this counts and I'll be back to square one very soon.

Hey!
    My ex and I broke up 3 weeks ago. I am feeling pretty crappy because he wasn't clear with me when he broke up with me, and then we went out for drinks and he treated me like I was his "buddy". It felt terrible, and the next day I texted him "please do not contact me".

I texted him the next day after he was like "please talk to me". I wrote a text I did not mean to send but unfortunatly I sat on my phone (hours after writing, it should have been keypad locked!) and it sent. I re-iterated the next day to please not contact me.

I called him a week later to ask for "clarity". He said he was "confused". I was feeling really bad about that but did not contact him.

Last Thursday he sends me this text: "please be patient with me. i am sorry"

That text angered me so much. He stringing me along and also gets to apologize, seriously?!Broken I called him on Friday and he did not answer. I sent him a text saying "Got your text, we need to talk. Please call me tomorrow"

He did not respond until Tuesday late night saying "Maybe we can meet Thursday to talk. I am sorry for delaying." I texted him telling him I was busy Thursday, but free Friday early evening. He texted me at 5pm Friday saying when was good for me, I told him I was busy. (I made other plans when I didn't hear from him!).

And here is where I get really mad at myself:

I texted him saying "how about tomorrow?" I was really upset and wanted clarity from him but knew better than to engage with him at all, just making this easier for him and harder for me. He was like sure we can meet tomorrow.

I was really upset and went for a walk and decided I did not want to meet with him. I texted him: "I thought about it and I do not want to meet"

He texted me: "Okay well that probably signifies the end then. I am sorry we could not talk"

That made me feel so angry and sad. It gets worse: I texted him back "I do want to talk"

We then had the Worst text conversation for my self-respect. He was like "I love you but this aint working. we will figure this out but it needs time when tensions have eased"

I texted him "I don't feel tension." "I think we do need to talk"

He repeated "please leave me be for awhile"

I repeated: "We need to meet and talk"

He responded with flippant remarks like "do your thing" and then "the ball is in your court" So I said "Lets meet tomorrow as planned"

He said "No promises. Please stop texting me"

Why I'm angry about this is because I knew better than to be in touch with him at all from day one, and I feel I have made it easier for him and also made him respect me less, and me respecting myself less after this. Yet I know it makes sense because he was being so unclear (His breakup talk really wasn't clear that we were even breaking up).

Writing here to get support. I am not going to contact him ever again and will not respond if he contacts me, but we have several mutual friends and what I wanted was:

For him to feel bad for hurting me
    To be in NC
    Then for him to eventually see that I have moved on and am happier without him

But now I feel like he doesn't even respect me and feel less respect for myself so harder to move on. Any advice on how to regain any power and respect back in this situation? How to still get my three goals above?

Love to all and good luck with NC. xx

please dont do multiple posts

I would just leave him be for a while and worry about yourself..if you keep initiating contact with him he knows he has you no matter what you say.

Same here I'm only on day 2 of NC but going to give it 3 weeks in total. I already have the date marked in my diary! In the meantime I'm going to make the most of some serious me time, and hopefully by the date even if he only wants to be friends I'll be healed enough to handle it!

I went 7 days NC before she contacted me for some nothing text conversation. I'm now back at day 3, 10 days since breakup and to be honest, I already see why we failed, and realize that there was no way to save it without someone giving up more than they should ever have to in a relationship.

I told myself I would contact her a month after the breakup, but I think by the time I get there, I will have no urge to bother.

since we got into our little argument its been much easier it was hard at first because we ended on good terms there was no fight or anything but then i called her on her bull shit reasons and now im just like whatever i dont care.....since all that she started smoking seems like stress to me..im goin up shes fallin down

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow1023 View Post
    since we got into our little argument its been much easier it was hard at first because we ended on good terms there was no fight or anything but then i called her on her bull shit reasons and now im just like whatever i dont care.....since all that she started smoking seems like stress to me..im goin up shes fallin down
    you dont know thats why shes smoking.. dont assume.. But as long as you are OK.. i couldnt care less about her.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112