+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ahh... Middle school...and i just cant get over this boy...

Ahh... Middle school...and i just cant get over this boy...

About a few months ago, my school had a competition called Junk Box Wars. On the day of the competition, I was outside waiting for my mom to pick me up after it ended. I was hanging with my friends Dylan and Erin until a random boy with a cute panda hat strolled by and started randomly talking to us. I figured he was Dylan's step cousin, and he was joking around about him being Dylan's brother. I actually just sat there and wondered, Who was this boy? He was quite attractive, and it was a bit strange for him to already know my name, when I just figured he actually existed in my school. His name was Jeremy. The first time we interacted, I felt like, I sort of liked him. But I tried to deny it since I barely knew much about the kid. Yeah, it was in 2010 during October. He was a 7th grader, and I'm a 6th grader soon to be a 7th grader. That day I couldn't shrug him off my mind. Then after a few months into this year, we meet again with Dylan on the side. Again we chatted and actually became friends. Then we eventually grew closer, one day I realized, I REALLY liked him, and then by the second I was about to say something, he admitted that HE liked me. Ever since he saw me. I was really happy to know, but, we didn't go out, we just weren't ready to. then 2 months till now, I learned he didn't like me anymore, and one day he came up to me and asked me for help. His help was about how to talk to a girl you've never talked to before. I gave him some advice and asked who was this girl, and he told me,"This girl is SanJuana. And I've liked her ever since 6th grade." I felt like I died a little inside ); but I had to suck it up and just help my "friend" out. He smiled afterwards. And it kind of brightened me up, because it was so rare to see him smile in a huge crowd. He was always being picked on and made fun of. He never had any real friends. That was something he told me the first time we met, and I already wanted to befriend him. Deep inside, I was crushed. When I got home, I broke down crying in my room...for nearly 2 hours. I didn't know I liked him that much...Later I felt a bit better, and tried to accept the fact that he's been liking someone else. But it always bothered me how he never even remembered that I liked him too. Few weeks later, I stand outside waiting for him to come out the door... just to see his face. When he came out, I noticed he was with SanJuana...holding hands...and showing affection. He didn't have to tell me they were dating, I saw it with my own eyes. I thought in my head,"What?! He barely even knows her!" I tried to hold back my tears until I got home...broke down crying in my room again. -.- After that, we haven't talked in a while.

Exactly... is this just a sad love story, or is this just about a guy who liked another girl. I'm confused about how he liked the girl ever since and was able to like me for almost a year? How can we start talking again...? And do you THINK I'll be able to have a more closer friendship?? Tell me any of your opinions. O:

Honey, some people can only crush on one person at a time, other people can crush on many people at a time.

You've had your first, and likely not your last, lesson in how confusing the opposite sex can be.

For him to ask you for help in getting him together with someone else was low, but likely not malicious. He probably assumed because he was over his crush, you were too.

yeah, you're right, that was pretty low of him to ask for help, i always thought that was lame in the first place, but i still liked him for some reason. thanks (:

Likes are never logical. Especially when you are still trying to figure out what you want.