+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating after heart break - insight needed

Dating after heart break - insight needed

Hi Guys,

Need some advice from those of you dating after a huge heartbreak.

The man I started communicating with a few months back has come out of a marriage break up 2 years ago. High school sweet hearts, together for around 16 years, left him for another man. He is such a sweet guy and everyone at work says they are happy we are seeing eachother. They say he needs to get out there again and are happy im it. Most our communication involved small talk, joking around or sexual inuendo. We have had dinner, played golf, had coffee and slept together a few times. He always makes the first move phyically. He used to text me all the time but of late he has backed off. When I asked why he says he isnt ready for a relationship. ok. Ive heard his before.
    I know he likes me. He is so shy and sweet, I know he isnt being an @ss about this.
    I told him I dont want a serious relationship either but can we still date? he says he had a lot of fun and enjoyed what we had but isnt sure. People say he is shy so should I just be gentle and take it real slow again or should I just leave it well alone? Apparently he was really cut up about his marriage a few years back, so I understand, but wonder what I should do.

Any words of insight would be good,
    thanx

he said no. back off. don't insist yourself to someone who doesn't want you.

you deserve better.

He still loves his ex wife, the poor dear. It is going to take a real special lady for him to forget about her and I have a feeling that is what he is looking for....someone that is like his ex wife.

Guys don't mess around with BS like women do. He said no and means it. He had backed away from you because he can tell you are starting to really like him and he knows it wouldn't be fair to you to continue. It was just a fling, time to move it along and find someone that will be on the same page as you.