+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lose weight and get fit!!

Lose weight and get fit!!

Hey,

Well I have put on a couple of kilos over the last 3 years and it does not feel good!! That muffin top is not a good look. I am wanting to lose weight and start getting fit. I know I have tried to start running in the past but after a week or so I lost motivation... I hate it. Also how are you meant to figure out how much to eat and excercise to lose say a kilo a week?? This is rather confusing to me. I know that diet and excercise need to be both attended to to get results. Any tips would be awesome thanks guys =)

There is a site called Calorie King that was my best friend when I wanted to lose weight. It will give you the total calorie content of everything you eat and it will tell you how many calories you burn through exercise. There is also lots of information on healthy eating and exercise and how to make weight loss work best for you.

the best way of controlling your weight is through a regular exercise routine that involves resistance training. Just watching your diet (a) I suppose is unpleasant and (b) may not necessarily work in the long run. Building up some muscle mass (within reason - not talking about body-building) wll speed up your metabolism, make you feel in a better physical shape and cheers you up. Try it - you can get a personal trainer to start you up or prepare a routine that is right for you.

Thanks guys. I had a look at that calorie king website and that looks really good. Thanks for that suggestion. Unfortunately I am at uni so dont have the money for PT but have a gym membership. I will try doing a gym class every morning or something. I just dont know how much excercise I have to do to for how long you know to get the best result.

a 1h-long routine, 3 times a week is a good starting point. If you want to take my suggestion, you could use that hour for 20-30min cardio (e.g. X-trainer, tredmill, steps or whatever you fancy - X-trainer is the best in terms of warming up the whole body) and then another 30 min weights training. Ask your uni's sports centre for an induction (they will have to give you one if you say that you want to use free weights). They will also prepare an exercise routine for you free of charge if you ask them - they usually do. I have been working out since I was 16 - and as a student for most of these years. It doesn't have to be expensive - you just need to like it and get someone to show you the right way to avoid injuries and/or wasting your time.

Or you can teach yourself by observing others - or get a gym buddy
    Last edited by Nicholas_V; 22-05-11 at 07:28 PM.

Well three times a week is fairly easy. Maybe I could do that three times a week then do different gym classes on the other days. Thanks for your suggestion! Hopefully with a meal plan that doesnt have too many calories I should start seeing results.

exercise 3 times atleast, I've started exercising as often as possible, 5-6 days each week. I have lost atleast a pound and I've also been eating properly, less carbs

Diet is really better than exercise in the weight loss game. Running a mile burns roughly 100 calories. (Usually like 115 but it depends on your speed and weight). There are usually 150 in the soda in your hand.

For me, I take out the sweets. I don't need pop, and I don't really need desert. Other than that I eat what I want. Pizza, burgers, who cares. The point is that when I'm full I stop. Why eat 4 slices of pizza when I can eat 2 and be happy? Then some exercise on the side as a bonus and it has kept me in pretty well shape.

Run slow/jog. Its one of the most efficient ways to burn out fat, other than that keep your diet on check, but if your willing to go through HITT, that will really shred some pounds of you. Its tough training though.

Get a physical instructor, maybe it might help.

im overweight dude... around 90kg, is dat possible to slim down to 60kg?

Diet and exercise are the two main reason to getting weight loss and stay fit in life.You should eat healthy like vegetables,fruits,beans and avoid all kind of high calories foods,oily stuff.Drink more and more water during a day which has countless benefits.Do some physical exercise like you did but on continuously basis,try to do 5days a week.
    richy

overweight is one of the big reason of health problems and he should avoid over weighting and keep our exercise and diet with us for losing wait and get smart and fit.

Sticking To Your Weight Loss Program
    It is not easy to stick with a weight loss program. Some people feel punished and unsuccessful when the diets they choose do not work for the first few days. They already feel like a failure especially if there is a struggle with completely staying with the program. But there are hundreds ...
    So I'll start.My name's I' am KevinNovela, I'm male, 22.Im a model My interests include Weight Loss its true its working now my body is sexy and have big abs.Help others who have a problem in health specially when it comes to weight loss and fat loss problem.Here is the site you may visit here
    to get more information about Fat Loss Exercise.

I have also same problem..

I have checked the calorie site and it's pretty well. It's very difficult to stick with diet plans but it's necessary also. I have recently check this site healthadvicecorner and it's seems to me very helpful..If you get something like this please let me know. Good luck!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast