+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Man Creation Of Gods Image...?

Is Man Creation Of Gods Image...?

Is man a reflection of god himself? What's your opinions?

First I would like to clarify my personal definiton of God. Being non-religious, I belive God is a natural force which created the the planets, the universe and all its inhabitants. I just belive man was created just best suit the enviorment we we are inhabited. Much rather like animals are.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

First of all, if according to the Bible, at least Chapter One, man AND woman were created simultaneously... after everything else. Chapter Two, however, which is a much older version, dating back to 1000 BCE is a little more mythical and therefore presents a peculiarly contradictory, yet another, Creation story, where we are told that Man was made first then everything else, and only then woman to entertain him. Hmmmmm...
    I have it all. Including kino.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't see this subject going in a positive direction. However as a suggestion to Kiechi, if you haven't already, try picking up a book by Jean-Paule Sartre. He's considered by many to be the father of existentialism.

I boned God!!
    Weeell, someone took the original God God's power and used it as evil to... well, molest us.
    Last edited by KaWaiiSkYe; 04-01-05 at 08:48 AM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the bible is a complilation of stories that have been passed down from century to century. how can you be sure that it's 100 percent correct.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    the bible is a complilation of stories that have been passed down from century to century. how can you be sure that it's 100 percent correct.
    Not to mention skewed details as a result of poor translation.

That's exactly what I was saying...except for, it's not merely a "compilation of stories passed down from century to century", it's a vast library of ancient texts that finally came together around 500 BCE and have been modified, thrown out, and added again.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Religion is for people in foxholes and trenches.
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

This belief in "God" is a crock of shit. Therefore, I am not made in his image. Because he doesn't exist.

I'm an Atheist, so I pretty much agree to what Alexi just said.

One of my favorite books relating to the bible is "The DiVinci Code" which gives you true facts to how the bible is false. Plus the bible is man-made anyways. Like we ever tell the truth in anything. rofl!

Normally I hate even getting into these discussions because there is no absolute answer. Though, I found a site a while back that discusses this stuff and pretty much every religion out there. Heres the link: [URL=http://www.beliefnet.com/]Beliefnet[/URL]

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I'm Athiest, but I respect others beliefs, and find them quite interesting.
    But as for is man a reflection of god? What the devil would god need limbs for?

My belief is god is more of a reflection of man's image, or rather one part of us. The other part being the devil.

No, I don't believe we're a reflection of God's image. I do believe in a a Higher Power, just not organized religion.

Freddie

There are no atheists in warefare...
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Maybe god's like that black hole thing in this science fiction book that I can't remember the name of (I think i8t's by someone called something like Fred Hoyles).

Actually that thought's growing on me, god's floating in a little glittery cloud somewhere whispering the entire knowledge of the cosmos to someone, hmmm

No one is truly an atheist. You are probably Agnostic, like me Agnostic means you go both ways. It means you think it is impossible to know if their is or isnt a god until you die.

True atheists believe in nothing. You would also not believe in rules. If you were to walk down the street being an atheist, you would believe that you could shoot the next person you see and not get in trouble and your response would be, "that's how it's supposed to be."

Most people say they are atheists, but they aren't. They are mostly Agnostic. Their really is no such thing as a true athiest if you really think about it

Also: If you really think about it, if we did come fom another planet and not from god, where did the things on that planet come from? In the end, you kind of have to believe in a superior being. But where did the superior being come from? *am I making your head hurt yet* Humans will NEVER know the truth until they die. Our brains our not allowed to know such knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast