+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is light at the end of the tunnel

There is light at the end of the tunnel

Trust your instincts, listen to your heart, and ignore your brain. Do what you FEEL is right, and you are what you DO... NOT what you think!
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 24-05-11 at 03:20 AM.

so.. is this good news for you? *hopes*

Funny, I thin it's other way around: listen your brain and ignore your heart. But hey, we're all different.

Brain? Your brain is probably very strong i think ;-).

no not good news YET.. but I am trusting my instincts and following my heart.. you brain is a liar... It judges you and puts you on trial.. Your heart does nothing but love.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    no not good news YET.. but I am trusting my instincts and following my heart.. you brain is a liar... It judges you and puts you on trial.. Your heart does nothing but love.
    This is exactly wrong. Your brain works with facts. Your heart deals only in feelings. Feelings can change anytime, sometimes without warning. Facts are facts.

Oh, and that light at the end of the tunnel? It could be a freight train. Be careful.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

does your brain really only deal with facts?

you brain makes assumptions, conclusions, and judgments based on observations and analysis. I wouldnt say it uses facts. How do you KNOW anything is the truth? Your life is a movie and is constantly changing. You are the main actor in your story, and everyone else in your life is a seconday character, and they are constantly changing too. What you believe to be true may not be the same for someone else. Your brain is deceptive and is NOT your friend. Your brain is fertile soil and thinking just plants the seed in your head, and grows and grows.

Your heart never lies.. your emotions are what YOU ARE... if you are always feeling love than there is nothing that can get you down.

And the light may be a freight train, but im willing to find out.

I dont want to wake up with regrets, just something I will never do. IF im going to regret something I would rather it was something I did, than something I didnt do.
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 24-05-11 at 10:18 PM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    Are you an emo Hallmark card now?

True, brain makes assumptions and conclusions, usually it sees things through coloured glass that emotions makes. Example: Your gf tells you about one of her friends (which happens to be boy), you don't react to it at all...but if you break up her and later she mentions that name again...shit hits the fan. That's why I try to see things from the outside the situation, looking it like a story. Yet it's still hard to not colour that story so that you would be playing to your own pocket while telling it.

And I'm not saying that darkhelmet would be wrong, my "heart" is just so selfish that I simply can't trust it when it comes to my health.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Are you an emo Hallmark card now?
    Im far from emo.. but that is funny lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hulibuli View Post
    True, brain makes assumptions and conclusions, usually it sees things through coloured glass that emotions makes. Example: Your gf tells you about one of her friends (which happens to be boy), you don't react to it at all...but if you break up her and later she mentions that name again...shit hits the fan. That's why I try to see things from the outside the situation, looking it like a story. Yet it's still hard to not colour that story so that you would be playing to your own pocket while telling it.

And I'm not saying that darkhelmet would be wrong, my "heart" is just so selfish that I simply can't trust it when it comes to my health.
    Right but why ignore your emotions? They are a manifestation of what you are.. thinking does nothing but create drama. Your brain is a judge and puts you on trial for everything. Its the voice of knowlege and this voice plants seeds which grow into trees, and this is how problems start.

dont think just do. You go outside and see its beautiful outside.. no need to think to yourself "wow what a nice day." Just enjoy the day, why think about it?

Sorry i have these epiphanys sometimes and they usually only last for a day... lol
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 24-05-11 at 10:42 PM.

True true, that's what heart's good at. That's why you should use your feelings like a pack of tools: keep those you like and dump those you don't need. Of course it's nice to enjoy a great day, but you don't need to feel sad for a thing you know is only because of your emotions, not because of true facts.

After reading another thread in a different sub-forum here (strange situation), I agree that it isn't healthy to completely ignore feelings. Ideally, try to find a balance between thinking and feeling. Too much thinking and you will be unable to enjoy any kind of relationship with another human being. Too much feeling and you can end up doing something truly stupid.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    This is exactly wrong. Your brain works with facts. Your heart deals only in feelings. Feelings can change anytime, sometimes without warning. Facts are facts.

Oh, and that light at the end of the tunnel? It could be a freight train. Be careful.
    just like metallica said.. its a damn freight train.. I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!

Wow, i love this post. It really made my day right now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast