+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Returning to someone who once liked you

Returning to someone who once liked you

This is a tricky situation for me where I had to deal with two interests at the same time. I liked Man A who eventually dumped me and while I had a strong interest in Man A, Man B appeared and wanted to see if both of us could be together but my heart was all for Man A and I couldn't give a chance to Man B. Now after 6 months of leaving Man A, I am back in contact with Man B and we just have casual chats once in a while but nothing about what had happened. He hasn't asked me anything about the past but I feel like I want to be given a second chance but am still unsure as we do not have the convenience to meet each other. I will be seeing him in person soon but I don't know how we would react to each other. I feel like I am still interested to know about where things can go with him but I am not sure about him. As far as I know he is not in a serious r/ship with anyone now. I sent him a message to explain to him what has happened generally, that I had a tough time etc. I am not sure if he is going to respond to that. I knew he cared for me a lot and was always there if I needed any help even now when we reconnected. Everything is in the air that I am feeling quite stressed about it. His birthday is coming up as well and I don't know what would be the best way to wish him. I don't want to do anything special as we have not be in contact for more than a year and it will be odd to suddenly send a card or what not...hmm..well I'm just wondering if any of you faced this experience before and how did you deal with it. Thanks.

yeah, i wish it was easy to meet people. ive tried meeting a few so far but nothing has worked out and i am at the point of my life where i have no time to just flirt around. I never expected to be meeting Man B again at a mutual friend's event happening soon. within the short time that I got to know him, i knew he was a nice guy and very genuine. he has some traits that attracts and we share similar interests. anyways, i guess ill just have to be easy on myself and let nature takes it's cause..

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by purplerain2010 View Post
    i am at the point of my life where i have no time to just flirt around.
    This is a really weak excuse.

I think you got me wrong with making that statement. i know love can happen anytime but to make a relationship work and to get to know someone requires time. I have never experienced falling in love with someone until i met the first guy but he took me for granted and although he said he liked me, he couldn't commit and left me hanging to figure myself out that he wasn't interested to pursue the r/ship anymore. from that experience alone i learned so many things about knowing if someone is interested. the feeling of regret is not being able to be open. I was blinded by thinking that this guy was serious and would pursue the possibility after spending so much time talking to each other and hinting about marriage etc.