+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: today

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    <grabs popcorn> we need to know how this plays out now! ;-)
    gonna share that??

:O HEY DH!!

DarkHelmet82 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

i just responded with a "no need to be nervous or sad. its for the best. you couldnt do both huh." I wont give u all a play by play. im no Bryant Gumble... but ill let you know what happens.
    Last edited by DarkHelmet82; 27-05-11 at 08:05 AM.

man... this could take a lot of popcorn!!

no response yet.. i hate games... no reason to respond 20 hours later and then ignore the subsequent message from me.. o well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    no response yet.. i hate games... no reason to respond 20 hours later and then ignore the subsequent message from me.. o well.
    hence my song 'foolish games'..

Well, I think that most people called this one, but I do respect wanting to find closure. The "no response" by your ex was your closure by the way. I'm sorry that you had to find out this way. It's always hard; it's never easy.
    Last edited by Raze; 27-05-11 at 10:26 AM.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    Petit, your posts in this thread come across as extremely petty and childish. People who post here for advice tend to be in quite a fragile and hurt state, if you can't post in a supportive way why post at all? Isn't this exactly what the broken hearts section is for, yet you seem to be trying to ridicule and belittle.

Maybe you've been here so long you no longer have patience with people, or just to cynical.
    Sometimes people need hugs and condolences and other times they need a splash of cold water. If you're going to continue self destructive behavior over and over again hoping it will have a different outcome each time and then tantrum when people tell you otherwise the water is more effective.

I'll remove myself from Dark's threads after this but Petit was just giving him honest helpful advice and desperately trying to get him to listen. It's a much more supportive and caring act then holding someone's hand while they choose to embark on a course that will bring only more pain and grief.

I honestly hope it works out for you dark.

I'm with Raze and leoben on this one.... I'm in the same situation as you DarkHelmet, but I've been sticking it out with no contact for 2 months now, and it's working. A couple of days ago, I passed another barrier and have finally been able to truly accept the possibility that it is over. And trust me, she is the one I did not want to let go, and felt like there was no way I was going to be able to do it. The curiosities will kill you, I understand that, but giving in to them will only erase any progress you've made with moving on and you'll have to start all over again. I found it best that I sent one last message to her that would let her know everything that I felt about her, and that was it. Nothing afterwards, no word from her, and even though it sucked BIG TIME dealing with it at first, it's tolerable now. It will still be some time before I'm 100% over it, but no doubt this is the right way to get there. Just my 2 cents.

well yeah that was my plan...one last hoorah as they say... hey its more than likely over.. i just want to make sure thats all.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey you live in NY ? There must be plenty of nice girls . You will find some other who will love you.
    I wazzzz here

Yeah I will... im gonna just lay it all out and move on... id rather go down having said my peace then always having a glimmer of doubt and hope... call me a fool or whatever but its what i need to do.

in fact im already talking to someone but I need this door to close before a new one can open

Argh, I'm with both sides on this. I agree with Petit Papillon about letting go, but I agree with others when it comes to supporting thing. Yes, I heard same advices (let go, move on, forget her) when I was young and without experience, but of course I didn't listen them. You need to learn it yourself, by doing things right or wrong and learn from that. If you only listen other people's advices you find yourself wondering after 20 years "what if..." Besides, DH is the only person who really knows the situation, and he is the only one who can call shots at this.

A true friend supports in every decision, whenever it was bad or good decision.

yeah but love is blind too.. and i think im just in SEVERE denial.. Im just so freakin confused... If she didnt want to be in contact I dont see why she would respond to me at all. She knows how I feel about her, and shes not dumb. She would surely know that by responding to me it is just leading me on. On the other side shes being pretty aloof, but that could just be a game.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast