+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My partner broke up with me, but now he's acting weird. I'm totally confused!

My partner broke up with me, but now he's acting weird. I'm totally confused!

My partner of 3 years broke up with me last week after an argument and I went out with a girlfriend that night who was up on holidays and then I went to stay at a friends for a couple of days and came home the day before my birthday. we talked a little when i got home but it was clear that things were over. After my birthday we talked a little more and i think he may have been a little upset that i went out with my friend and thinks that i picked a fight with him so that i could go out and not feel guilty about it. its been a couple of days since this all happened now and slowly he's started acting like we are still together like calling me babe, asking what we are going to have for dinner and tonight he got invited to the pub with his friends but said that he didn't want to go without me and I had too much study to do so he wasn't going. so i've just been rolling with it and trying to act like nothing happened. but he won't touch me or kiss me except to kiss me goodbye when im on my way to uni or work and if i try to kiss him he usually blows raspberries in my mouth. last night in bed was the first time he has even touched me since this all happened and he only put his hand on my arm from the other side of the bed.

One of the things that we did talk about briefly was that he missed the single life and a having a decent sex life. Lately our sex life has been pretty average, i'm always exhausted and i don't feel like he's actually into me, just into getting laid. I do know that he still loves me but just isn't prepared for our relationship to continue the way it has been, which I completely understand as it hasn't been great. We just don't know at this point how to get things back on track, so any suggestions on this would be great!

I'm super confused about the way that he's acting, and he won't talk to me about it at all. Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on in his head because im totally lost!

it sounds to me like hes trying to keep u on a string until he has some promise somewhere else . It sounds lik he is tired of being tied down and he still has some party in him i would jst move on find another guy or gurl wutever ur thing is lol but get someone else in ur life besides him

You guys have a communication breakdown. All this you're telling us, you need to tell him. He's said some pretty significant things to you about the sex life, single life, etc........those are SERIOUS issues in a relationship not to be taken lightly! Stop this confusing interaction thing you guys are doing and sit down and discuss the future of your relationship like adults.

The sex thing is a concern, for some men it's a deal breaker and sadly, the more important it is to him, the more pressured you will feel and the less likely you are to want to engage sexually. You both need to talk about it, have an argument about it if necessary, but just get it all out in the open. If he really doesn't want you then you've lost him anyway and if he does, then only good can come from talking. If you can't talk, try writing an email instead. It might not be as personal but he will be a captive audience. Have you thought about a break away together, somewhere away from the normal pressures of people and responsibility? Even a weekend might be enough.