+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating After A Divorce...Am I Coming On Too Strong ?

Dating After A Divorce...Am I Coming On Too Strong ?

Ok, so I got married like right out of high school at 19yrs old. After 5yrs of a miserable marriage we finally got the damn divorce. I never really dated a lot or at all. I don't know the codes of conduct to dating...lol. Anyways a friend of mine now potentially someone I might be "dating" He is pretty cool but I feel like I call him too much or text too much. He says its ok but I feel weird about it, but I am just so into this guy he says he is into me and have been for a long time. He enjoys my company and he expresses his joy for having me over. Everytime I leave he text me immediately to see if I got home ok, or tell me how much fun he had with me and he cant wait to see me again. He often calls out of the blue or text me just to say hi and to see how I am doing and just to talk about his day. I am VERY shy and a little insecure about myself and dating, especially since I got a divorce I feel weird. When is it considered too much calling or texting and do guys find it annoying or am I coming on too strong ?

Why not just talk to the guy and explain all this to HIM. Would be more effective than asking us.

I am confused. You say you text and call him too much but then say this -

Everytime I leave he text me immediately to see if I got home ok, or tell me how much fun he had with me and he cant wait to see me again. He often calls out of the blue or text me just to say hi and to see how I am doing and just to talk about his day.

Seems he is calling and texting a lot too. So if that is the case I wouldn't worry about it.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Nothing wrong with it. Just tell him to keep it cool, and you arent ready for the serious dating, which includes all the texting and phone calls, just yet.
    He will respect that, if he is really into you and step back a little, but still be there when you need him.

Dating hasnt changed much, and just be real and honest with him, even if he doesnt like it, it is ok. "Plenty of fish" out there, but just be honest with him, and with yourself